SOLVED - Omnisphere Update - Issue with localizing the STEAM folder

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Several forum members of sequencer.de and myself have the following problem:
After locating the STEAM folder (in Win 7) we get the error message "The steam folder does not have write permission. Try running as administrator."
After a (successful authorization) we get the following error message: "Installation was not completed properly. Omnisphere patch data needs to be upgraded to version 2 ....."

While we are waiting for an answer form spectrasonics support, any tipps and hints would be greatly appreciated!

I want to play :wink: !!

btw here´s the link to the forum thread in sequenzer.de: (german)
http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/vie ... p?t=102565
Last edited by j.clay on Mon May 04, 2015 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

j.clay wrote:Several forum members of sequencer.de and myself have the following problem:
After locating the STEAM folder (in Win 7) we get the error message "The steam folder does not have write permission. Try running as administrator."
After a (successful authorization) we get the following error message: "Installation was not completed properly. Omnisphere patch data needs to be upgraded to version 2 ....."

While we are waiting for an answer form spectrasonics support, any tipps and hints would be greatly appreciated!

I want to play :wink: !!

btw here´s the link to the forum thread in sequenzer.de: (german)
http://www.sequencer.de/synthesizer/vie ... p?t=102565
sorry, i can only answer this in german, maybe someone can translate it:
sowohl der steam ordner als auch der link zum steam ordner (in program data\spectrasonics) müssen volle zugriffsrechte haben (muss bei den ordnereinstellungen geändert werden, rechtsklick eigenschaften). nachdem diese einstellungen geändert sind, kann omni 2 auf die ordner und die daten zugreifen.
hope that helps, ich hoffe das hilft

Thank you a lot!!
Changing the access rights for the link to the steam folder (in program data\spectrasonics) solved the problem for me.

j.clay wrote:Thank you a lot!!
Changing the access rights for the link to the steam folder (in program data\spectrasonics) solved the problem for me.
glad, i could help. ich hatte genau dieses problem und es hat mich einige der verbliebenen resthaare gekostet, das herauszufinden. :x
cheers

Return to “Instruments”