Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would be great if you could change the path when saving a preset directly in the window.

At the moment when I load a preset and make some changes and want to save it I have to save it in the same folder.
But I would like to store them in an extra folder that I know which presets I used and which changes I did to them.

Would be great if something like this could be added.

Thank you

thats possible but you have to be on preset window,just choose or create a folder(right click side bar) and it'll save in that folder

hihu wrote:the current version is working great here.
Well, not for everyone. It's working but it uses an awful lot of resources here on my system (windows 7 64 bit, pro tools 11 hd).

I have a fairly powerfull computer (3.2 ghz i7 6 core cpu, 12gb ram and several 240gb samsung 840 pro ssd disks). But Hive manages to use 20-30% of my cpu resources with only 3-4 instances/instrument tracks in pro tools.
Chris

i'm probably wayyyyy late with a request here but i play a yamaha windsynth live and use softsynths and i would love to have diva's lag function on hive. it opens up many possibilities and solves many problems when using breath control etc.

thanks!

chrisdee wrote: It's working but it uses an awful lot of resources here on my system (windows 7 64 bit, pro tools 11 hd).
Someone else has mentioned Pro Tools and high resource use. I'm on Windows 7 64-bit with Ableton Live, and I can get 15 or more instances of Hive before reaching 30% CPU use.

Urs wrote:
GeorgeZ wrote:Speaking of code. What do you program in Urs? C++?
Yep, most of it. The DSP part is plain C though, garnished with SIMD intrinsics.
Cool stuff. Slightly off topic, sorry :P I just started learning JavaScript, with the view to progress to Java, and the C++ (possibly). It's tough learning this stuff on my own steam, but fun none the less :D
Eternitysound VST Banks

Tony Ostinato wrote:i'm probably wayyyyy late with a request here but i play a yamaha windsynth live and use softsynths and i would love to have diva's lag function on hive. it opens up many possibilities and solves many problems when using breath control etc.

thanks!
Not at all :). Zebra2 is getting updates to this day and Hive will be no different. If there is enough demand for certain feature, never say never ^^

Tony Ostinato wrote:i'm probably wayyyyy late with a request here but i play a yamaha windsynth live and use softsynths and i would love to have diva's lag function on hive. it opens up many possibilities and solves many problems when using breath control etc.
thanks!
+1

We'll eventually have a preference for controller smoothing. Can't say when, but one day...

Urs wrote:We'll eventually have a preference for controller smoothing. Can't say when, but one day...
Hi urs any dates of the rc or next beta u can share with us?
Thanks,
Rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:
Urs wrote:We'll eventually have a preference for controller smoothing. Can't say when, but one day...
Thanks,
Rsp
Not really. My mother in law passed away last night, wife and I will head to Autralia next week. I hope to fix the final niggles till then, but I'm not sure.

As we're gearing up to sell Hive through resellers we will need to end the pre-order offer / intro pricing on the day of release. Therefore we want to have a final RC at least two weeks before release and inform people that we're handling things differently this time. Hence I hope that we can do this next week even if I'm not in the office.

- Urs

Urs wrote:My mother in law passed away last night, wife and I will head to Autralia next week.
Ouch. My condolences :(

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
Urs wrote:My mother in law passed away last night, wife and I will head to Autralia next week.
Ouch. My condolences :(

/C
Thanks… it wasn't unexpected though. She was 99 and we knew it was coming.

(still a shock when it then actually happens, but also a relief)

Sorry to hear.. She had a great innings.
Rsp
sound sculptist

Urs wrote:
zvenx wrote:
Thanks,
Rsp
Not really. My mother in law passed away last night, wife and I will head to Autralia next week. I hope to fix the final niggles till then, but I'm not sure.

As we're gearing up to sell Hive through resellers we will need to end the pre-order offer / intro pricing on the day of release. Therefore we want to have a final RC at least two weeks before release and inform people that we're handling things differently this time. Hence I hope that we can do this next week even if I'm not in the office.

- Urs
Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that :(. I'll be keeping you guys in my thoughts.

Return to “u-he”