Gforce Oddity 2 YES / NO???

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mholloway wrote:bought this, as expected, after playing with the demo for two days.

fantastic synth... only complaint would be the lack of a modern patch browser, which GForce apparently have said they are well aware of.

Sound Quality is the high point here, just fantastic.

Preset banks are excellent as well.

UI, as I said before, I actually really like it. Improves on the original, looks nice and retro, easy to use, love the addition of the XLFO / ENV from Minimonsta (where is Minimonsta2 ??), love that everything is on one screen.

Highly recommended! Great work, Dave & co.

-Michael
I was never a big fan of the original Odyssey, which I owned and regretted getting down the road. Yeah, a lot had to do with the tediousness of having to write out patch sheets, but the sound itself never thrilled me.

Now, if this version "blew away" the original, I'd say yeah, worth a shot. But I don't hear a lot of difference, if any. Granted, that essentially says they did a great job emulating it. But I'd much prefer if somebody could come up with a really killer emulation of a CS 80, which has yet to happen. If these guys make one (I own ImpOSCar 2 and love it) then I'm in, even if I had to shell out a few hundred bucks for it.

But I'm afraid that's one synth that nobody is really going to nail.

The synth I'd most like to see GForce do an emulation of is the Oberheim Xpander... if they could accurately capture the distinct Filter of that, I'd be the happiest softsynth owner in the world. Second choice for GForce, Pro-One....

Just dreaming here, though :)

Sowieso wrote:so good? :D

which is better? Diva or Oddity2? :roll:

what do you think? its a lot of money! :help: :scared:
I love the sound of Oddity 2, but the UI is hard to deal with and it's lacking some very basic features like aftertouch. I did a comparison to my ATC-x's ARP filter and it was scarily close.

Diva, otoh, has a more modern sound and a lot of osc and filter options. My only wish for both of them is that they had a modulation matrix.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

I have owned a Pro One since 1981, and I think Arturia Prophet-V sounds much better overall & has unlimited patch capability & works with MIDI.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:I have owned a Pro One since 1981, and I think Arturia Prophet-V sounds much better overall & has unlimited patch capability & works with MIDI.
Blasphemer! Want to sell me your Pro One for $100.00?

Arturia V Collection is a good value. The modeling good alot better but doesn't reach the precision of TAL. I'm pretty sure you're wrong about the V plug sounding better than hardware.
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

I also tried the Korg ARP Oddyssey and it sounds realy close to oddity. Oddity and diva are my favorite synths with OPX-PRO II. I also like Minimonsta more than Arturia and Monark, because it hase more bite. I am also very excited about DCAM Synth Squad 2 and Syn'x 2. I am happy that i don't have to decide between Diva and oddity because they are both so great and I would by both on your side. At first Diva, because it has much more functions, features and more sounds. Timewarp 2600 is also great alternative, but not as great than oddity.

sacer wrote:Oddity and diva are my favorite synths with OPX-PRO II. I also like Minimonsta more than Arturia and Monark, because it hase more bite.
I have always felt this way, and thought I was alone on the planet in doing so... Minimonsta has a grit, warmth and (as you say) bite to it that is totally missing from other Minimoog emulations. Monark was a huge disappointment to me, I thought it might potentially be even better, and it turned out to be half as good as the old Minimonsta.

GForce kick endless ass. I just wish they had even more emulations available! M-Tron Pro, Minimonsta and now Oddity2 are among my favorite, most used softsynths, and Gforce is definitely my favorite Analog-emulator company (though yes, I think U-He is wonderful, too; but Diva is a CPU beast and while I appreciate the flexibility of the interchangeable modules, I actually get more work done with single screen interfaces / less options. Less is more!).

electro wrote:
aaron aardvark wrote:I have owned a Pro One since 1981, and I think Arturia Prophet-V sounds much better overall & has unlimited patch capability & works with MIDI.
Blasphemer! Want to sell me your Pro One for $100.00?

Arturia V Collection is a good value. The modeling good alot better but doesn't reach the precision of TAL. I'm pretty sure you're wrong about the V plug sounding better than hardware.
I figured that would ruffle someone's feathers. Mine sounds pretty noisy, not the good kind of noisy; probably needs work. Sounds OK going through my Line 6 PodXT distortion to help hide the noise. I'm keeping it for sentimental reasons if nothing else. My first synth, played in several bands in the 80's with it. I don't know how the Pro One sounds so great in the Yaz, I never got sounds that huge. I tried a free TAL, some Roland Juno clone I think: I wasn't too impressed. I own a non-working Juno 106 BTW. Keeping that for sentimental reasons also.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

TAL's commercial stuff is great, he has evolved a lot since his early freeware stuff, unfortunately he keeps emulating the wrong hardware :P

Like others I have had a problem with Oddity's user interface, so I removed it, although I love the sound of it...

I really liked the demo of Oddity 2 but i've got a Diva and impOscar 2 and ACE. So I couldn't really justify another analogue emu.
Fight Apathy or don't.

I love Gforce´s synths. I own both Oddity2 and Imposcar2. Fact is. My favourite soft synth ever (besides Vaz Modular) is Imposcar 2 because of the overall sound. The filters are superb. To tell you the truth. Set me on an Island with only Imposcar2 and with addictive drum from Xln Audio and i don´t Think i would need anything More. And just let me say that i Think very high of Jon Hodgson the creator of Imposcar2. He´s a brilliant genius. I love to read Everything the he writes. And.. besides that.. his name resambles one of my favourite Composers of all time "Roger Hodgson" (From Supertramp) :-D That said. Yes, the Gforce Oddity, is superb in my view. The organic sound is there. It feels alive. But if i had to choose between Imposcar2 and Oditty2.. i would got both ;-) Gforce is my absolutely favourite Company when it comes to emulations. Much thanks to Jon Hodgson! (And just to say.. i own both Zebra and Diva, and Think that UHE is awesome! But still.. my heart and ears lies with Gforce! :-)

I liked the trial version of Imposcar 2. I liked this (trial version) Oddity 2 even better, good chance I'll buy it.

I also like imposcar2 and also xils lab syn'x. But also the Arturia stuff has his own charme, there are cool sounds from plughugger for prophet v and mini v. I hope that Arturia will update these synths to compete with modern analog emus like diva.

sacer wrote:I also like Minimonsta more than Arturia and Monark, because it hase more bite.
[OT]
Minimonsta's filter sounds great since the first instruments release, I love it (except for the weird and uncomfortable midi program change in live situations). It's my favorite Minimoog, just after my Minimoog. Monark is very good, Arturia... well I think that every "V synth" is somewhat son of the same design. Hope you understand what's I mean.

I love Minimonsta, but I don't really use it as a Minimoog, I use it more as a modern MemoryMoog - ie, as a polysynth, with some very nice modulation and performance features - I love use metapatches as morphing performance tools, it's not something that other instruments can can do that well.

Return to “Instruments”