Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really sorry about the delay. You all should have received your licenses by now. I'm very sorry, I honestly thought we were going to be able to deliver them much more quickly than we did.
4 am in France and no licence received ! :(
Last edited by hivkorn on Fri May 22, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

I've been playing with v3 since this morning and all I can say is wowwww.

What I like about it the most is the parallel effects chains that you can create. If you're familiar with Image Lines Patcher, it's exactly that but better. Plugin delay compensation works 100% even with multiple parallel chains. (I tested it with multiple Pro-Q's at different phase modes in parallel to each other). I really tried to break the pdc system but I couldn't. This has made my bluecat's patchwork plugin that I had bought a while ago useless since the integrated parallel effects chain is has been built perfectly built.

What they still haven't fixed is the option to disable plugin delay compensation for automation for individual plugins.

Uncle E wrote:.....I'm really sorry about the delay.....
Received mine this morning (Australia) - Thanks!
ColG

Received mine this morning (Australia) - Thanks!
lucky ! it seems i have to way again until tommorow because jrrshop is closed now.. :?

EDIT:
I have a conversation with Uncle E and he fix the problem . I just have to wait now until tonight (in France) to receive my serial ... :hyper: (even superman sleep)
Last edited by hivkorn on Fri May 22, 2015 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

One of the few problems with studio one in general that they haven't fixed in v3... The ability to minimize the giant kitkat toolbar on top of the plugin window. Fl studio could do this, just saying :clown:

I have a third monitor dedicated to analysers and the toolbars are a waste of space. I hope PreSonus is reading this, probably not? I should probably post this on the official PreSonus forums.

Edit: I've also realised that adding channels resets the mixer scale if you had stretched it to begin with and if it's detached, this also messes up the sends separator position on the mixer. I don't think this was intentional, most probably a bug.

Edit: you have to add a channel at the END on the mixer for the bug to kick in.
Last edited by SeeingInMidi on Fri May 22, 2015 7:15 am, edited 5 times in total.

oops, accidently posted 2 times

Yep, the toolbar on top of the plugins is a waste of space. I like the way Logic do with the name on the bottom which make all plugins look "coherent" at some point what i like somehow.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Uncle E wrote:
blueman wrote:Has anyone mentioned how awesome the iPad app (Studio One Remote for iPad) that combines with this is/will be? 8)
Agreed! I've been really surprised by the lack of interest in this.
I am very interested in it, but its hard to get excited when they havent shown much and its not available yet. I hope it offers some sort of playability, just a basic keyboard (though a push-esque layout would be nice having used it with touchable). Hate having to open up pxt-general just for s1 and their implementation of a qwerty keyboard is a bit fiddly compared to most IMHO. Looking at the screenshot though Im guessing its mainly just for mixing

SeeingInMidi wrote: Plugin delay compensation works 100% even with multiple parallel chains. (I tested it with multiple Pro-Q's at different phase modes in parallel to each other). I really tried to break the pdc system but I couldn't. This has made my bluecat's patchwork plugin that I had bought a while ago useless since the integrated parallel effects chain is has been built perfectly built.
Really? I have had the opposite experience which was disappointing as this was the best looking new feature for me. So far nobody has been able to confirm they are having the issue.

1) Add 2 Instruments together to create a multi-instrument
2) Add a simple drumloop or another audio track
3) Add a plugin with latency to the drumloop
4) The multi-instrument now goes out of sync

Isn't anybody else experiencing this? Hopefully it is a simple bug that is fixed up quick.

toby wrote:
SeeingInMidi wrote: Plugin delay compensation works 100% even with multiple parallel chains. (I tested it with multiple Pro-Q's at different phase modes in parallel to each other). I really tried to break the pdc system but I couldn't. This has made my bluecat's patchwork plugin that I had bought a while ago useless since the integrated parallel effects chain is has been built perfectly built.
Really? I have had the opposite experience which was disappointing as this was the best looking new feature for me. So far nobody has been able to confirm they are having the issue.

1) Add 2 Instruments together to create a multi-instrument
2) Add a simple drumloop or another audio track
3) Add a plugin with latency to the drumloop
4) The multi-instrument now goes out of sync

Isn't anybody else experiencing this? Hopefully it is a simple bug that is fixed up quick.
I haven't played with the multi-instrument functionality yet since I had no interest in it, will further test tomorrow.

Edit: I quickly tested it out and you're right, multi-instruments aren't compensated properly for some reason. Effect chains on the other hand, I have had zero problems with so far.

ezelkow1 wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
blueman wrote:Has anyone mentioned how awesome the iPad app (Studio One Remote for iPad) that combines with this is/will be? 8)
Agreed! I've been really surprised by the lack of interest in this.
I am very interested in it, but its hard to get excited when they havent shown much and its not available yet. I hope it offers some sort of playability, just a basic keyboard (though a push-esque layout would be nice having used it with touchable). Hate having to open up pxt-general just for s1 and their implementation of a qwerty keyboard is a bit fiddly compared to most IMHO. Looking at the screenshot though Im guessing its mainly just for mixing
On PC at least - isn't WLAN what you turn off first of all not get crackles in audio due to DPC latency?

I guess iPad is connected that way.

Something over ordinary midi cable is probably more useful - and exist already. Thinking of MMC stuff at least.

When I open Spectrum Meter or the built in EQ, spectrum analyzer seems to run in slow motion, like a slide show almost, but if I click on the taskbar it runs really really smooth and nice. Did anyone noticed something similar to this?

LE. Nevermind, seems that after a restart of PC it works fine. :D

Uncle E wrote:
OutCider wrote:Producer was great value at the price. Considering what it didn't have from pro it was feature rich.
I'm going to ask them to allow us to sell a special version of Artist that includes VST support. Is there anything else you guys would desperately want?
I'm amazed no one replied to this, maybe it went unnoticed.

But YES! An Artist version with VST support is ALL I'd need and ask for! Of course, we're talking at a different cost than what Presonus add-on will be...

Is this possible at all?

I'll be watching this space then!

Thanks,
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

24MTS wrote:
Uncle E wrote:
OutCider wrote:Producer was great value at the price. Considering what it didn't have from pro it was feature rich.
I'm going to ask them to allow us to sell a special version of Artist that includes VST support. Is there anything else you guys would desperately want?
I'm amazed no one replied to this, maybe it went unnoticed.

But YES! An Artist version with VST support is ALL I'd need and ask for! Of course, we're talking at a different cost than what Presonus add-on will be...

Is this possible at all?

I'll be watching this space then!

Thanks,
Isn't it already announced that you can buy in on VST support for Artist?
And up in region how Producer used to be priced, as I recall.

Yes, but you'd actually get less... As Producer was quite a bit more extra than only VST support.

And yes, Presonus did announced the VST add-on, but IMO is rather steep for what it is. Anyway, I hope Uncle E is talking about something else, like "a special version of Artist that includes VST support". This I'd be interested in, for the right cost.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”