Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I missed it so good job catching it.

I'll stay on v2 for a bit longer and will probably get the full version when I jump in order to get access to the scratch pad amongst other things, but I did notice the official site comparison chart which shows vst support as an addable extra to Artist, along with video and mp3 export. I'm not sure how video sits with most, but I'd definitely have to have the other two.

I reckon those who picked up v2 artist really cheap a while back have a nice upgrade path.
A good deal on the version upgrade and v3 artist add ons and that's a great set up bang for buck.
Fingers crossed for uncle e.
:hihi:
Last edited on Sun Apr 17, 2016 12:42 pm, edited 17 times in total.
:dog: :hihi: :lol:

Yeah, VST support is a must have, even for the small or free versions. Don't know why you'd have to pay for something like that. The Artist version would immediately become much more attractive with it. And it surely doesn't justify 86 € for the addon which adds VST support either... that's the price of v2 then, and still there's quite a few things missing which have been in v2. I mean, seriously, VST and Rewire for almost the same price as the whole DAW?

They also cut like 80% of the soundsets you've gotten when you bought Producer btw. The Artist version is definitely not a good deal for me.

Well, I can only hope some other arrangements are possible, or whatever - right now, like you say, Artist is good and of course would have many of the needed features, but the gap where Producer used to be is probably gonna loose some potential users.

And that'd be a shame as the new version looks gooood.
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

OTOH, now there's a completely free version, which should pick up some users, and get some people interested who might upgrade later.

lfm wrote:
On PC at least - isn't WLAN what you turn off first of all not get crackles in audio due to DPC latency?

I guess iPad is connected that way.

Something over ordinary midi cable is probably more useful - and exist already. Thinking of MMC stuff at least.
Depends on the driver for the WiFi adapter...
Linksys typically have well-behaved drivers which don't significantly raise DPC Latency.

Also, it's possible to have your DAW hard-wired (Ethernet) to a router... to which the iPAD connects via WiFi.
Jim Roseberry
Purrrfect Audio
www.studiocat.com
jim@studiocat.com

Very nice I like Studio One 3 May I seems but the sound became more transparent in comparison with Studio One 2

Apollo 17 wrote:...but the sound became more transparent in comparison with Studio One 2
:o

LOL.

Before everyone launches into 5 pages of the obligatory "all daws sound the same!!!" debate that's been done to death on every net forum, maybe he actually means that the new instrument engines sound better, more transparent, the stock instruments, whose engines are new.

Or maybe he means the new sounds are better, sound more clean and transparent in productions.

No idea, just saying, I wouldn't lynch the guy until I know what he means exactly. :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:No idea, just saying, I wouldn't lynch the guy until I know what he means exactly. :hihi:
Voice of reason, that.

24MTS wrote:Yes, but you'd actually get less... As Producer was quite a bit more extra than only VST support.
I never owned Producer and the comparison page is down now so... besides MP3 and VST/AU, what else was different in Producer? I assume you got a little more loop and sample content, I more mean what other plugins if any did you get with Producer over Artist or what if any other working features existed in Producer that didn't exist in Artist?

I would assume that the point of loading third party plugins is so that you can use your own and not worry as much about bundled plugins, so is the difference now (buying up to mp3 vst/au for the same cost) mostly revolving around not getting some additional sample and loop content?

Thanks.

Jim Roseberry wrote:
Also, it's possible to have your DAW hard-wired (Ethernet) to a router... to which the iPAD connects via WiFi.
You're the pro - good solution.

Let me frame the question another way...

Say you own Artist 3, and then buy VST/AU & MP3 for $90, then maybe also buy one of the new soundsets for $14.95. That's $105.00, six dollars more than the previous $99 Artist 2 to Producer 2 upgrade.

If a person did that now, what would he be missing that he otherwise might have gotten from the older Artist 2 to Producer 2 upgrade, is it just some missing loops or something else? I ask because I don't know if the additional loop content that would have normally come with Producer doesn't actually come with Artist 3 now, since there is no more Producer.

Thanks in advance. I'm just trying to understand, from current Producer 2 owner / users, what the differences are exactly.

I received my license last night... So Thank you to JRR for a KVR discount! Sorry I got you guys in trouble.

:dog:

I've been hanging on to my $5 copy of Studio One Artist in the hope that V3 would bring a better synth and a cheap upgrade. Well Mai Tai looks pretty good (if a little heavy on CPU) but the upgrade price? Artist 1 to Artist 2 was $10. To V3 its $50. Since none of the other new features are available in Artist I can't help feeling this is a bit steep ($40 for Mai Tai?)

Guess I'll just have to wait for the sales. :(

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”