Studio One 3 Announced!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

KingClarkie wrote:I've been hanging on to my $5 copy of Studio One Artist in the hope that V3 would bring a better synth and a cheap upgrade. Well Mai Tai looks pretty good (if a little heavy on CPU) but the upgrade price? Artist 1 to Artist 2 was $10. To V3 its $50. Since none of the other new features are available in Artist I can't help feeling this is a bit steep ($40 for Mai Tai?)

Guess I'll just have to wait for the sales. :(
Well, MT is easily worth $40. I'm not saying that's its the best synth ever, but it is definitely one of the better synths that is bundled with a DAW.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

I have to say this upgrade for the price of a good synth is pretty reasonable as I got into Studio One at a really low price in the first place... A couple new features I'll probably use and some free new synths and content seems pretty reasonable to me. I wasn't crazy about the blue interface... Fixed. This upgrade adds value. So I'm good. YMMV.

:phones:

crashedthecar wrote:Look I've read your post, a few times just to be sure.

I don't know what your point is.
My point is, that your assumption of "Presonus going down the drain on the long run" is completely misguided.

crashedthecar wrote:You expressed some lineage from cubase that I would some how impressed with. I do know what your talking about, I had cubase 6 but no I haven't tried 7 or 8.
It's not about "Cubase 7 or 8", it's a comparision of what the "big 3" are doing compared to Presonus.

Read (the big 3 especially, with exception of maybe Logic X at this point):
- being greedy in favor for not fixing bugs
- adding content that nobody needs
- upgrades within shorter periods of time, and blaming it on "lack of income"

You're basically a "paying beta tester" - unlike Presonus. You critisized their beta team as being too small, but it's more stable and has IMO less bugs right out of the box than the "big 3" with way bigger teams.

crashedthecar wrote:Have you read through cubase a manual btw?
At least s1 have not inherited that.
You misinterpret the point.

crashedthecar wrote:Cubase, really are you seriously citing cubase?!
I'm not citing Cubase "per se", I speak from my experience with the host companies so far. And with +20 years on by back on that behalf, I've seen a lot.

And the comparison with "Sibelius" (AVID, now the main devs are at Steinberg and work on a new Notation tool - for over 2 years at this point!) and "Notion" (Presonus) is a stab at the general company activity in terms of development.

But then again - you lost interest in Presonus... so why discuss further?
Only wanted to clear up what you seem to not understand.

KingClarkie wrote:I've been hanging on to my $5 copy of Studio One Artist in the hope that V3 would bring a better synth and a cheap upgrade. Well Mai Tai looks pretty good (if a little heavy on CPU) but the upgrade price? Artist 1 to Artist 2 was $10. To V3 its $50. Since none of the other new features are available in Artist I can't help feeling this is a bit steep ($40 for Mai Tai?)

Guess I'll just have to wait for the sales. :(
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Robmobius wrote:Well, MT is easily worth $40. I'm not saying that's its the best synth ever, but it is definitely one of the better synths that is bundled with a DAW.
Maybe... I was pretty impressed with it and it is literally the one extra thing I was hoping for in Artist V3.

Hmm, tempted... :?

@Compyfox
I'm flattered! You interrupted your endless anti-Steinberg rant for me! :love:

Lawrence,

Would be indeed difficult to remember, as the list is not available, but I do remember was only one single item that was not included in Producer compared to Pro. That is from the bundled content. And then of course there were many features missing. But the content was virtually the same.

LE: Found this: https://www.floridamusicco.com/PDF/s1v2comp.pdf but this is only plugins.

And this is from SOS review, in 2011, December:
There are three versions of Studio One v2: the full Professional version reviewed here, plus Producer and Artist. Compared with Professional, Producer lacks the bundled Melodyne Essential licence, the integrated mastering, SoundCloud publishing support, video support and five of the built-in plug-ins. Artist is more self-contained, lacking support for Rewire and VST/AU plug-ins, as well as some of the third-party content.

Now, I am also one of the lucky $5 buyers. In a sense, shouldn't complain much - but it feels a little bit steep the new pricing. The full Pro version is not really a bang for the buck anymore. It's just... correct. On the other hand Artist is severely limiting with no VST support... Also the upgrade from Artist 2 to 3 is indeed more expensive.

I suppose Mai Tai does have something to do with this.

Let's see, maybe I'll get another great offer in about a year or two! :) :) :)
------------
...and that's all I have to say about it!

Michael Jacksons nephew loves studio one-
https://twitter.com/tarylljackson/statu ... 2174533637

DHR53 wrote:I received my license last night... So Thank you to JRR for a KVR discount!

How do you get the discount? What do you enter into the code area?

donato wrote:
DHR53 wrote:I received my license last night... So Thank you to JRR for a KVR discount!
How do you get the discount? What do you enter into the code area?
They can't do an automatic discount on this, by request from Prosonus I think.

PM Uncle E, or email sales@jrrshop.com. I did both, gave them my email and phone, got a call back pretty quickly from Jesus in JRR customer service (he got the email), bought it over the phone with a credit card on my drive home from work. Had a PM response from Uncle E this morning too, but it was already done. Those guys rock!

No serial yet though. I was told the Presonus license code server was so overloaded it kept crashing. They hope to get all serials out today (Fri) though, but who knows what'll actually happen. Weekend and holiday may slow things down too, for those who don't get one today.

24MTS wrote:I hope Uncle E is talking about something else, like "a special version of Artist that includes VST support". This I'd be interested in, for the right cost.
I'll try. It might be too early to be expecting something like that but I think they'll eventually understand the necessity of it. The lack of MP3 support is inconvenient but at least there are workarounds. I imagine that the lack of VST support is a show stopper for most people.

dwozzle wrote:I was told the Presonus license code server was so overloaded it kept crashing.
That's interesting. I don't think this was the issue with our situation.

dwozzle wrote:
I was told the Presonus license code server was so overloaded it kept crashing.

The short version maybe ;)

Curious...has Presonus ever responded to the high CPU complaints? I expect this will keep coming up. Also, in spite of my previous rant, the lack of undo capability for the mixer has always been odd to me :?

I can live with these issues, but a response from Presonus might help explain why :shrug:

has Presonus ever responded to the high CPU complaints
what do you call high cpu ? I play with DEMO since 2 days , i don't noticed a big cpu usage....nothing less or more than V2

hivkorn wrote:
dwozzle wrote:
I was told the Presonus license code server was so overloaded it kept crashing.

The short version maybe ;)
It's possible I misunderstood for one reason or another. I didn't pursue it much -- didn't blame you guys (or Presonus really, high demand is Good) -- and I'm sure I'll get mine.

Hope it's before the weekend sets in... But if not, I'll live...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”