NYRV Systems announces the launch of AGENT 4/17/15

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

We posted another tips and tricks video. this one on setting up a simple channel strip using NYRV Devices. check it out.

https://youtu.be/RiPj0BYwiGM

Hi All,

We just released AGENT 1.1 update. Some of you may have had issues with your AAX version or your registration due to a permissions issue on mac. This has been resolved in 1.1 along with the addition of advanced delacy compensation feature which allows you to compensate for the delay of plugins even if that plug doesn't report. Check it out! http://my.nyrvsystems.com/store/product/1

New Features:

New Latency Control Settings: Complete control over the hosted plugins reported latency this can be global or per hosted plugin.
Global Latency Panel (Settings > General > Latency): This panel contains 2 options: Report sum of all latencies, and use global custom latency (All instances).
Per plugin latency control: New feature allows for complete control over the reported latency of any hosted plugin, this is found on the settings icon on the HostedPluginWindow (also new).
Settings icon on Hosted Plugin Window now controls the launch of the generic editor, and contains the Individual Plugin latency control.

Fixes:

Race condition when reading plugin names
Some random crashes were fixed
Latency report

Other Improvements:

Mac installer should now correctly copy the package contents, fixing LicenseManager and AAX issues.
Opening the plugin browser gives keyboard focus to the search box so user can type instantly the name of the plug he is searching for

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to give you all a quick update. We have released v1.2.0.1 of AGENT and addressed a lot of the stability issues our users reported. There is a new 7 day demo available so even if your old demo has expired you can still give the update a try.

We have also added smart CPU saver to conserve processing power on plugins when the track is silent. Works GREAT!

http://my.nyrvsystems.com/store/product/1

Thanks

Jeff

hmm interesting.. however i think i prefer combo of blu cat pathworx and MB-7 for even less than just agent...

thing is MB7 can split up to 7 bands and have plugins *per band*, any vst or au etc.
Then patchworx is broadband but also an instrument, but the big thing is it can effects in parallel not just serial.

And the blue cat stability is ridiculously good, although i will test agent head to head, and see how it behaves with steinberg vst3 plugins where the au's give me problems in logic. Don't own pathworx and was going to buy for this purpose, but am not sure if it actually can HOST vst3, so if not, agent has a big edge there. Will need to do some investigating, as the price difference is mammoth.

Let's bump this in case nobody saw either the tweets, the official page or the #KVRdeals section.

NYRV SYSTEMS Agent is currently available for 99USD instead of 249USD.
http://www.kvraudio.com/news/nyrv-syste ... only-31336

Additional to that, v1.3 is about to be released which will bring a lot of enhancements/fixes and new features. One of them being a "parallel processing" mode, an voluntary "improvement program" (think of browsers that send out performance data in the background - you can turn that feature off at any given moment) and a new "Nyrvana Marketplace" where you can find and buy/download assets, designs and presets in the future.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Yep $99 and I've been having so much fun with AGENT.

Looks tempting at that price and pretty flexible; I have a few questions / comments:
-- does the 64-bit edition host 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins?
-- how does the routing between the hosted plug-ins work?
-- what is the format for custom knob .png files (e.g. 61 images in a column)?
-- yet another License Manager, with challenge/response :(
-- the User Guide is a bit skimpy on details,
-- I could not get the videos on the web site to run here

Yes, I could install the demo, but am not in a position to do that at the moment.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:Looks tempting at that price and pretty flexible; I have a few questions / comments:
-- does the 64-bit edition host 64-bit and 32-bit plug-ins?
No, there is no bridge built in

DarkStar wrote:-- how does the routing between the hosted plug-ins work?
Currently in serial connection (2x8 inserts) with version 1.2
Parallel connection (with 2 blocks of 8 plugins each) will be in a future update.

DarkStar wrote:-- what is the format for custom knob .png files (e.g. 61 images in a column)?
Sorry - can't tell you that of the top of my head to be honest. This is just not my forte. I seem to remember something along those lines. If you happen to have time to install the demo, you can take a closer look.

DarkStar wrote:-- yet another License Manager, with challenge/response :(
It's built into the whole engine and dead simple to use.

DarkStar wrote:-- the User Guide is a bit skimpy on details,
It's scarce, true. But for this there are videos and learning by doing. It's really that simple.
If you want to connect a Behringer BCR, the separate guide is a tad more detailed.

DarkStar wrote:-- I could not get the videos on the web site to run here
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzFaw2 ... BoQ/videos
https://twitter.com/NyrvSystems

DarkStar wrote:Yes, I could install the demo, but am not in a position to do that at the moment.
No problem. Hope the answers help so far.

EDIT:
By the way - a feature limited AGENT was recently released in Computer Music issue #222
It can be downloaded through the CM Vault
http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/fre ... -cm-627578
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Knob png strips are 100 frames

is there inbuilt modulation system like in MAGMA

Code: Select all

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_jRBu2lrWSM 
(don't wanted to put another product in your topic, this why I've put link into code tag...)

?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

What makes AGENT different from a product like Magma is that you are not limited to someones proprietary list of plugins. You can load any of your third party plugins into it.

What makes it different from other subhosts is that you can then create a fully customization interface which can then be mapped to external hardware controllers or automated in your DAW. The routing in 1.2 is fairly simple. it is switchable serial paths. you can modify the signal mix and gain through each plugin as well. With 1.3 we are introducing the ability to do the following:
1) run the rack and strip in parallel or in serial
2) a main mix knob which will pass a portion of the signal cleanly through the plugin.
3) Pan knobs on the parallel routing which opens up some really creative processing

We are not currently doing internal modulation effects although it is on the enhancement list.

We will be at AES next week booth 762. anyone who wants to come by and meet the team is welcome.

Jeff

nyrvsystems wrote:What makes AGENT different from a product like Magma is that you are not limited to someones proprietary list of plugins. You can load any of your third party plugins into it.
don't want to promote Magma (but have a license), just for the clarification :)

Magma has built-in VST chainer so supports third party plugins and can modulate any of their parameters (lfo, tempo synced multi envelopes etc. way) also supports some different but hardcoded serial and parallel routing configurations so your unique feature only the "fully customization interface" ?
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

It sounds like your needs are met with MAGMA and since you already have the license and it sounds like modulation is important to you then you should stick with that. I don't have magma or any other nomad factory plugs for that matter. I tried magma a long time ago but havent followed whatever changes they have made. feel free to download our free trial or get the computer music magazine version for free.

I didn't set out to create a chainer. I built a chainer as the foundation of the virtual control surface and there is a lot more coming in that regard.

xbitz wrote:
nyrvsystems wrote:What makes AGENT different from a product like Magma is that you are not limited to someones proprietary list of plugins. You can load any of your third party plugins into it.
don't want to promote Magma (but have a license), just for the clarification :)

Magma has built-in VST chainer so supports third party plugins and can modulate any of their parameters (lfo, tempo synced multi envelopes etc. way) also supports some different but hardcoded serial and parallel routing configurations so your unique feature only the "fully customization interface" ?

Here goes. $99.

The fact that it resembles a 500 rack made it easier for me.
You customize the parameters.

You can create your own chain.

It has auto delay compensation PER SLOT AND you can go and manually enter compensation for plugs like NEBULA or AQUA which I use when I print to tape as I'm recording.

You have both Parallel and serial chaining, not to add both Gain knobs, wet knobs, and A MASTER GAIN on top of it.

Then you can use it with EVERY MIDI based controller you can think of, I use it with my Ipad to control EVERY PARAMETER I so choose or with my console midi support.

Host your VSTI and follow it with whatever combination you so choose.

The fact that it supports RTAS and AAX is another LEAP for why I purchased it.

NYRVANA ...... OMG I'm making presets and graphic images and AM ALLOWED to share with other users of AGENT.

AND besides that, they REALLY listen to the customers suggestions and find a way to implement it.

I CAN KEEP ON GOING!

no bit bridging but it has a separate 32bit n 64bit version.

I did videos on Instagram and youtube myself just #nyrvsytemsagent and you'll see a HUGE AMOUNT.

@ Compyfox;
Thank you for your point by point comments.
nyrvsystems wrote: The routing in 1.2 is fairly simple. it is switchable serial paths. you can modify the signal mix and gain through each plugin as well. With 1.3 we are introducing the ability to do the following:
1) run the rack and strip in parallel or in serial
2) a main mix knob which will pass a portion of the signal cleanly through the plugin.
Thank you for replying - as I understand it the Rack and Strip are the same in functionality, just 2 different names. I was hoping for some sort of modular plug-in routing -maybe later? (Twisted thought: Perhaps I can load energyXT v1 as one of the plug-ins, do the branching in there, map the real plug-in parameters to energyXT's parameters and map those in Agent :o )
nyrvsystems wrote: We will be at AES next week booth 762. anyone who wants to come by and meet the team is welcome.
Nice offer, whom do I see for the plane tickets? ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”