Viva FL Studio!!!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FL Studio All Plugins Edition

bailees7irish wrote:FL Studio is a top quality product and is my all-time favorite DAW. All FL haters can suck my dog's balls. Thanks and have a nice day!
True words from a wise man! :hihi:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

IL should be making more products IMO.

Long-time love/hate ( mostly love :D ) relationship with FL Studio, actually since ~v5. Best workflow and UI I've seen, it's actually the tool that makes me most productive. I just get things done with it real quick! If only it worked with plugin/hardware combos such as Virus TI and Liquid Mix without me having to manually set the delay compensation for every other track... That's the only reason I switched to another DAW some time ago, though I still fire FL up and play around. Maybe the lack of proper pdc/external device support is the reason why it isn't regarded in a serious manner by the "pros" out there :?

I got the latest version of Sound on Sound today, no review of FL Studio 12, no mention of it in the magazine, no mention of it in previous issues (correct me if I'm wrong.)

It seems like they are determined to expunge the existence of Image Line products from their little world completely... for example:

SoS August 2014
Blue 2 review, page 78
'Alternatives' box - no mention of Sytrus. They mention Massive, Absynth and FM8, FXpansion's Cypher (that incredibly popular FM synth...) "it can do simple FM" they say...

SoS December 2014
Reason 8 review, page 134
"Creativity sapping authorisation headaches, plug-in incompatibilities and crashy instabilities just aren't really a part of the Reason world."
Thereby implying that they ARE a part of the VST DAW world...

So they can review Reason 8, but haven't reviewed FL Studio for something like four years.

I'm so glad Image Line are having record sales - bear in mind, of course, that they offer lifetime free upgrades, so these aren't previous customers having to buy an updated version of FL Studio, they are new customers.

I would add that Cubase hasn't been cracked (has it?), but I much prefer the reg key registration method that FL Studio uses. People will download warez forever, it doesn't mean you've lost any sales, people download mountains of stuff which they never even use, and would never have bought anyway. I totally agree with Image Line's stance on it - make it easy for the customer, and don't worry about the warez stuff.

I never use it.
I see the incredible depth of the this DAW but I can't manage to find the time to get into it.
The workflow is the thing that maybe "makes it or brakes it" for the user I think.
It's just too different. I had the same issue for Live but some how I could manage to produce with it after the proper investment of time I dedicated to learn it.
It's just a matter of commitment and justified reason to do it.
Someday....
(Big user of Sytrus and Harmor. Exeptional tools!)
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

liquidsound wrote:I never use it.
SeamlessR just started a new series about FL12

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of7LXoo ... 7Y&index=1

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... uTUuKcpq7Y

my only problem with FL is the absence of some kind instrument rack solution with macros as is in AL/Bitwig/Cubase/S1/etc., constantly opening/closing VSTs/or the different control layers of the different Patchers are quite PITA if u compare it with the others( this is why I've asked about the changes of it : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6136436 )

AFAIK the only workaround is using Dashboard for this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuGcfgyL58k
Last edited by xbitz on Thu May 21, 2015 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

xbitz wrote:
liquidsound wrote:I never use it.
SeamlessR just started a new series about FL12
Here goes my Long Weekend...

Thanks for the tip :tu:
MuLab-Reaper of course :D

Image-Line wrote: So explain the point of draconian copyright protection that does little more than annoy your legitimate customers?
:tu:

I wish more software developers shared this view :ud:

tenshin111 wrote:
Image-Line wrote: So explain the point of draconian copyright protection that does little more than annoy your legitimate customers?
:tu:

I wish more software developers shared this view :ud:
It's like a property owner putting 3 locks on the front door so that his rental tenants need to unlock each of these (so need to carry 3 keys and call a security firm to disable the alarm) every time they want to get in. While thieves only have to climb onto the roof and pop 3 tiles and they are in. We give our tenants a single proximity-detection key and lock so they can walk in any time they like. Thieves still go in through the roof.

All copy protection has been circumvented. There isn't a DAW or plugin on the market that I can't find 1000's of cracks for within seconds. So you have to ask the question, what is the point of making customers lives miserable (with dongles and challenge-response and other complex failure prone systems)?

For example, Afrojack doesn't have this - https://instagram.com/p/2l-Ei8ItCm/?taken-by=afrojack - happen with FL Studio while he is on the road.

Locks are for honest people to remind them to pay for what they are using.

That said, it's not like we sit about twiddling out thumbs on the matter. We removed (let me check) 51,831 pages, 2940 files from file hosters and 6086 torrents last month. We pursue the offenders and criminals not our customers.

Regards Scott
Image-Line are proud developers of - FL Studio, FL Studio Mobile & Audio Plugins.

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Codemeter seems to be uncrackable software protection. They are holding crack contest for it. I think E-Licenser has been cracked and Team Air made emulator.

It's one of the best daws for beatmaking but its a pita for mixing imo !
Im a singer/songwriter from austra
For my latest video click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NE8Io-q_PzI

FL is top notch! Thank u IL<3

Numanoid wrote:I love FL Studio, but feel heartbroken that they have removed the "Channels -> More" option in FL Studio 12 :(
We are working hard on 12.1 which will bring back (a more advanced
version of) the old 'more' menu so hang in there until then.
Jean-Marie Cannie @ Image-Line - FL Studio

JMC wrote:
Numanoid wrote:I love FL Studio, but feel heartbroken that they have removed the "Channels -> More" option in FL Studio 12 :(
We are working hard on 12.1 which will bring back (a more advanced
version of) the old 'more' menu so hang in there until then.
When are working hard to change FL 12 into FL 11.
LOL People stop complaining about the software and start making music...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”