Good Distressor Plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No_Use wrote:Hm, so attack / release spec's are always just 'ballpark' info which can't be compared exactly ?
Yep. And apart from the various standards, there are different envelope shapes as well, and some compressors exhibit pronounced program dependency (i.e. 1176) so it's just ballpark figures, yeah. Always makes me chuckle when people try to calculate attack and release times by tempo. It is possible to set time constants so compressor would work to the tempo, but only by ear.

ArtsAcoustic CL is probably the closest option.
You are currently reading my signature.

meloco_go wrote: Always makes me chuckle when people try to calculate attack and release times by tempo. It is possible to set time constants so compressor would work to the tempo, but only by ear.
Interesting point.
I've been there too. :oops:

meloco_go wrote:
AC222 wrote:I have heard about this from Sknote and Slate. Are you sure about the Kush? If you could shed more light on where you heard this and if it's a fact versus rumor I would love to hear it.
Got it here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8#p6127338
Lol. Thanks for translating. I read and even posted in that thread. I know Gregory Scott is the Kush guy but I totally lost the cryptic reference to him making one even though if I thought about it was obviously when he said he made something that it was based on that people liked even better. Would be cool to see a distressor and a Fatso. That would be awesome...

djanthonyw wrote:ArtsAcoustic CL is probably the closest option.
Hmmm... That's pretty interesting. I haven't owned this one even though I've thought about it many times. I heard it can pull off the CL1B sound really well even if it's a tad more colored. But I thought AA CL was based on an Optical design. I'm not sure about this but I thought the distressor was a VCA type. But maybe the AA CL is a lot more versatile than your typical optical sound. I've found I agree with a lot of your posts so might be worth checking out. :tu:

Rough Rider by audio damage is a very different compressor. Not sure if I'd call it a distressor though? Not sure what a distressor is.

http://logic-pro-expert.com/logic-pro-b ... are-1.html

This is $1 and has a free demo. Haven't tried it myself. Vst version available.

AC222 wrote:
djanthonyw wrote:ArtsAcoustic CL is probably the closest option.
Hmmm... That's pretty interesting. I haven't owned this one even though I've thought about it many times. I heard it can pull off the CL1B sound really well even if it's a tad more colored. But I thought AA CL was based on an Optical design. I'm not sure about this but I thought the distressor was a VCA type. But maybe the AA CL is a lot more versatile than your typical optical sound. I've found I agree with a lot of your posts so might be worth checking out. :tu:
Yes, that could be the case. I'm actually not sure regarding the VCA vs Optical, but the CL series is able to really grab and sculpt the sound. It also colors the sound with its preamp emulation without any compression engaged just like a Distressor.

"The Distressor is the product that started it all for Empirical Labs. Born of founder Dave Derr’s love of classic compressors like the 1176, LA-2A and Gain Brain (among others), the Distressor incorporates his favorite sonic characteristics of these, along with other unique and interesting features that have made it a staple for audio engineers all over the world."

As far as I know, these are also some models that ArtsAcoustic took into account.
You are currently reading my signature.

Return to “Effects”