Dune 2 or impOSCar 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lotuzia wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Old synths sounded like crap without FX. My Moog and ARPs were garbage, IMO. I never understood how they sounded so good on record and so bad in my home studio, which at the time was a Teac A3440 4 channel recorder. It wasn't until I started added on "stuff" that these things sounded "good."

Some synths sound better than others. Some actually sound quite good dry. But to some extent I agree with one of the posters here (forgot which one) who said that it's the FX that make the sound because a lot of the old hardware was thin and terrible.

And I still have my old Moog so i can drag it out of the basement if I have to, record it live and dry so you can hear just how horrible it really sounds.
Totally agree with you. I'll be happy to help :help: you to get rid of that horrible sounding Moog of yours. Just sell it to me for a vile price, and you'll have some spare room for good sounding things.

Don't thank me. I'll do this ... for you :party: :hug:
I'm curious as to what a "vile" price is.

A vile price should match the horrible sound of this instrument my dear ( I'll only use it as a table to put flowers on it, as we both know its horrible to make music. So let's say the price of an honnest table at a wellknown swedish store -used of course-) :)
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Lotuzia wrote:A vile price should match the horrible sound of this instrument my dear ( I'll only use it as a table to put flowers on it, as we both know its horrible to make music. So let's say the price of an honnest table at a wellknown swedish store -used of course-) :)
Let me think about it. I don't even know if it still turns on.

I was kidding Wag Tunes, your Moog, in good shape, is probably worth a lot of money. So just sell it for a good price if you dont like it.
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

It's really about FX, modulation and frequency splitting imo.

I agree with Wag to a certain extent - My synths tend to have at least 5 FX and there would be parallel processing going on as well.
Some synths get you closer then others, as Wag pointed said as well.

That's actually one of the reasons I still like sylenth, because it shortens the chain. Nave is like that too and sounds fantastic. It cuts through the mix very easily.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”