Seven Phases Spectrum Analyzer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectrum Analyzer

Shy wrote:
loopdon wrote:Any idea were this can still be downloaded?
here
brok landers wrote:
Shy wrote:Yeah, the only one done right (fundamentally).
indeed. suddenly, as soon as i used it, i felt i can finally see what matches my ear, which wasn't the case since i used my pinguin analyser back in the days. and i've tried every metering plugin so far (vst).
Yes, I think it's amazing that all the plugin developers except Max don't realize how useless their analyzers are in the context of actual perception of sound, especially in a musical context. They haven't taken important cues from those who did it right many years ago. I don't care what anyone claims about how wonderfully "accurate" their analyzer is, they clearly don't understand frequency analysis that's supposed to be applied in perceptual contexts, and that's too bad.
i couldn't have said it better. precision is one thing, but i mostly use analysers in a more contextual way - i use it to crosscheck with mixes that are sounding exellent, to a/b my production with the exellent one that's already there. and with the seven phases analyser i finally saw what i heard. i f.e. like most of the voxengo stuff, there's no doubt that it is highes possible quality, but i just can't get used to "read" span, even with all the customising possibilities. with the seven phases analyser i can. the eye to ear connection is there.
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

Try this free analog-style third-octave spectrum analyzer.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/anspec/

VibraSound wrote:Try this free analog-style third-octave spectrum analyzer.

http://www.voxengo.com/product/anspec/

i've tried it the minute it was out, sadly to me it's not as good as the seven phases analyser, which has double bands, as well as a very high resolution overlaid on top the 64 bargraph bands...
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

DELETED

In case anyone is interested, Spectrum Analyzer v1.06-alpha update is available.

Changes (since v1.05):
  • the plugin is open source now
  • added 64-bit version
  • new presets and color schemes (double-click 'color-schemes.reg' to install)
  • fixed numerous bugs related to the new windows implementation (better Windows 7 support, better 'Display' resizing etc.), code is still unfinished hence 'alpha'

Awesome! thank you 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

At least!!! really great news

Thank you so much !!!

Great ! :clap:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Great to see this has reappeared - and in a 64-bit version. And with sources.

This was always my preferred analyzer. I had thought that if I wanted a filter bank based analyzer for 64-bits, that I'd have to buy Hofa's. But Seven Phases is cleaner visually, and with configurable dynamics. (Hofa's has a reconfigurable filter bank, so it can also do very narrow band analysis if you want, but for me an 1/x octave analyzer has always been about 20-20k visualization).

Many thanks.

:hug: Seven Phases and Hofa are the best analysers on the market, now the 64 bits, thanks, i didn't switch in the 64 bits daw world because seven Phases wasn't 64, imagine...you plug is essential too me, your 1/3 oct is near the perfection, some years ago, i was on logic and the multianalizer worked great for me, when i have change my daw and go on window system, i was desesperated to don't find the logic studio equivalent,(i made my visual monitoring via Spdif in logic) i have test all 1/3oct analyser and nothing match and i have find yours, and now i "can't" make without it ,thanks again and it s free!

Max M. wrote:In case anyone is interested, Spectrum Analyzer v1.06-alpha update is available.

Changes (since v1.05):
  • the plugin is open source now
  • added 64-bit version
  • new presets and color schemes (double-click 'color-schemes.reg' to install)
  • fixed numerous bugs related to the new windows implementation (better Windows 7 support, better 'Display' resizing etc.), code is still unfinished hence 'alpha'
seriously, i am so damned thankful that you decided to keep going... i once wrote you an email, essentially begging you not to drop the development on thisone, which maybe slipped under your radar - however, this is a true gift to me, as it to me still is the best analyser by far. it will reside in my autoload song as if it would be an integral part of my daw.
thank you again, max... really... i mean it. :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

edit:
just realized that the message i sent you back then (jan. 2013) wasn´t an email, but a pm here on kvr - it´s still in my outbox, so you haven´t relized that i wrote you up to now... :)
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

Thanks all for your kind words!

Spectrum Analyzer v1.07-alpha update is available.
Changes:
  • new: average slope setting
  • fixed: ‘F’/’Ctrl+F’ and ‘R’/’Ctrl+R’ keyboard shortcuts (freeze and reset respectively)
  • improved bars appearance at tiny display sizes
  • minor performance improvements

great, just installing... thanks! :tu: :tu: :tu:
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign

and... can we hope, sooner or later, in a 1/12 octave resolution? :pray:

Would be reaaaally a great feature, IMHO

This is a very nice analyzer, thanks.

I'm having trouble setting the decay to infinite as startup value. Is there a way to remember my settings as default?

Return to “Effects”