Update now — AmpliTube 4 iOS is here

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Do the bundles have the new and improved code too?
I see orange amps in the video.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:4. Cross-over IAPs (buy one use everywhere) which was implemented earlier
Does this refer to addons unique to the iOS version? In the past, addon purchases for desktop and iOS have been completely separate and didn't apply to each other: will it still be this way with Amplitube 4? It's not clear to me what is meant by "cross-over". Thanks.

bill45 wrote:Do the bundles have the new and improved code too?
I see orange amps in the video.
Yes all gear has been improved and uses the desktop code, including the Orange gear. Here's the video with the Orange gear compared to the desktop version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wr_dXxkoQ98
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Mon May 25, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breeze wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:4. Cross-over IAPs (buy one use everywhere) which was implemented earlier
Does this refer to addons unique to the iOS version? In the past, addon purchases for desktop and iOS have been completely separate and didn't apply to each other: will it still be this way with Amplitube 4? It's not clear to me what is meant by "cross-over". Thanks.
This is about the iOS version only.

Not a fan of the additional clutter which makes a paid app essentially more of a store of unbought items. If you're going to shove what are essentially ads in my face, the app should be free. There should be an option to make unbought items invisible instead of making me weed through clutter to get to the items I actually paid for! Looking at it makes me too angry to ever consider buying. The old layout was MUCH better!

frankz00 has a point :oops:

This is not unique to AmpliTube. I just checked two of the other amp sims that followed AmpliTube into the App Store and they both show gear that I have not purchased when I am browsing through to select.

Regardless, your concern has been relayed.

You miserable person you!!! I just got another amp on my Amplitube and you go improving it!!

Now I have to update the dang thing, lol :lol: :lol:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This is not unique to AmpliTube. I just checked two of the other amp sims that followed AmpliTube into the App Store and they both show gear that I have not purchased when I am browsing through to select.

The idea is to be a STEP ABOVE the competition, not doing it just because the other cool kids are doing it :wink:

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:This is not unique to AmpliTube. I just checked two of the other amp sims that followed AmpliTube into the App Store and they both show gear that I have not purchased when I am browsing through to select.

It doesn't matter what your competitors do; it's not a welcomed experience in any app. If anything, it helps perpetuate the BS that at in-app purchases.

The best modeler out there right now continues to be BIAS, which does NOT inundate their users with ads. Just a tiny little store icon.

We do not do popups in AmpliTube. We leave that to **** (I'll let you fill in the blank of which darling guitar app still does, and it isn't an IK app). Also, of course it is subjective, but now that we're using the exact same code as the desktop version I hope you gave it a try as we've brought 13 years of [AmpliTube] modeling experience from the desktop to iOS, not the other way around like the app mentioned. We're happy to have blazed the path on both desktop and iOS for them, though, as it is very flattering to see others follow in IK's footsteps.

I will relay your concern with the availability of gear you might need to scroll past to the team. Thank you.

I think IK have grown up over the years and now have a very good IOS product line and have got rid of nearly all the annoying things from the early days.
Instant human just add coffee

Amplitube Ios 4 sounds great. Is there a video app that works with it?
The pickup app is supposed to but doesn't. I'm getting the lowest latency with
amplitube 4 ios and irig pro.

@bill45:
bill45 wrote:Amplitube Ios 4 sounds great. Is there a video app that works with it?
The pickup app is supposed to but doesn't. I'm getting the lowest latency with
amplitube 4 ios and irig pro.
I don't know of any that will directly work with the audio routed, I was part of a discussion about this and hopefully we can either deal with it directly or find something that is a proper workflow as you describe.

In general:
The AmpliTube 4 for iOS update does indeed use the same exact code from the desktop version now, and the sound quality is spot on as evidenced by these comparisons:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wg5eP-Vo7HM

Hope that helps clarify, and you can also find this information on our web site at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/at4ios
Superior sound with the same amp DSP as AmpliTube Custom Shop for Mac and PC
and at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/am ... e-ios-gear
And did we mention that it sounds amazing? That's because every piece of gear in AmpliTube for iOS uses the same high-definition digital signal processor (DSP) as AmpliTube 3 Custom Shop for Mac and PC. This DSP is so advanced that it's considered an industry benchmark. Trust us, you'll immediately hear why AmpliTube has been used on countless songs by professional musicians and recording studios. The truly mind-blowing thing about it all is that you can have this level of sound quality literally anywhere and everywhere you go.
Hope that helps

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:We do not do popups in AmpliTube. We leave that to **** (I'll let you fill in the blank of which darling guitar app still does, and it isn't an IK app). Also, of course it is subjective, but now that we're using the exact same code as the desktop version I hope you gave it a try as we've brought 13 years of [AmpliTube] modeling experience from the desktop to iOS, not the other way around like the app mentioned. We're happy to have blazed the path on both desktop and iOS for them, though, as it is very flattering to see others follow in IK's footsteps.

I will relay your concern with the availability of gear you might need to scroll past to the team. Thank you.
I have tried it, and already deleted it. BIAS FX is still better, IMO, YMMV, etc.

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”