Studio One 3: Did you upgrade?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sugo wrote:Yes upgrade from pro 2 pro 3 for 118€
Where did you get that price? I went to their store, and they are charging me almost € 150,00
Fernando (FMR)

Is there a way to easily loop a region? Like for instance in logic you hold the pointer tool near the top right of the region and the pointer tool turns into a loop tool and you just drag to loop the region.

I did not upgrade. For two reasons. First and above all ...lack of cash flow. I have stage 4 cancer and live off a SSI disability which hardly pays the rent. 2 I hardly use it. I don't know why for sure as it seems to be an excellent DAW. Back when I could work I brought Orion(discontinued), and FL Studio. Later Tracktion was resurrected and cheap so I didn't re-up my pay to go phone and got it. It suffers the same fate as Studio One. FL Studio's upgrades for life have been a blessing. It might not be considered a "real" DAW by some but at least I can make music with reasonably current tools. Tracktion has had 3 paid upgrades (I think) and Studio One has had 2 (again not sure). My lack of disposable income makes it foolish for me to jump on the upgrade wagon, especially for software that is gathering dust.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Karma_tba wrote:I did not upgrade. For two reasons. First and above all ...lack of cash flow. I have stage 4 cancer and live off a SSI disability which hardly pays the rent. 2 I hardly use it. I don't know why for sure as it seems to be an excellent DAW. Back when I could work I brought Orion(discontinued), and FL Studio. Later Tracktion was resurrected and cheap so I didn't re-up my pay to go phone and got it. It suffers the same fate as Studio One. FL Studio's upgrades for life have been a blessing. It might not be considered a "real" DAW by some but at least I can make music with reasonably current tools. Tracktion has had 3 paid upgrades (I think) and Studio One has had 2 (again not sure). My lack of disposable income makes it foolish for me to jump on the upgrade wagon, especially for software that is gathering dust.
:( :hug: :hug:
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

patchhunter wrote:Is there a way to easily loop a region? Like for instance in logic you hold the pointer tool near the top right of the region and the pointer tool turns into a loop tool and you just drag to loop the region.
(clicking on the timeline)
Ctrl+Click - defines the start of the region
Alt+Click - defines the end of the region

Also pressing "p" while you have selected events sets the loop the selection.

[quote="tuzemec"][quote="patchhunter"]Is there a way to easily loop a region? Like for instance in logic you hold the pointer tool near the top right of the region and the pointer tool turns into a loop tool and you just drag to loop the region.[/quote]

(clicking on the timeline)
Ctrl+Click - defines the start of the region
Alt+Click - defines the end of the region

Also pressing "p" while you have selected events sets the loop the selection.[/quote]

Thanks.

No, don't feel the urge right now. Especially considering the CPU increase I get when opening older projects. But probably will upgrade when they do a sale.

I wait for the 50% off sale to coming. :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ls1xxx wrote:Can you Auto Quantize midi notes while recording? I didn't see this option in the last version.
Yep. There's a big "IQ" icon on the main toolbar, "Input Quantize", it's also on the Record Panel. It's always been there on the main toolbar, it's just a big button now...

tuzemec wrote:It will be nice if the note effects are accessible from the midi editor (yeah, I have the midi editor on full screen usually), not only from the track panel. And thinking of it, it would be great if the note effects can be placed per events too.
They can. Control link allows directly dropping any of that stuff anywhere. You can drop NoteFX parameters directly into the key editor like anything else, and of course it being "midi" it stays with the clip.

Hope that helps.

murnau wrote:I wait for the 50% off sale to coming. :)
I think the actual number of sales, and the long and innovativ development of the software, will be a reason for a long time till any sale for this thing will reach us. thats also the reason why i bought it now. and furthermore i couldn`t wait to trying this thing. and for now i can say: it was a good decision. i enjoy it very much to play with it.
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

patchhunter wrote:Is there a way to easily loop a region? Like for instance in logic you hold the pointer tool near the top right of the region and the pointer tool turns into a loop tool and you just drag to loop the region.
Nope. It works like Cubase in that regard, no drag to loop media events of any kind.

sugo wrote:
murnau wrote:I wait for the 50% off sale to coming. :)
I think the actual number of sales, and the long and innovativ development of the software, will be a reason for a long time till any sale for this thing will reach us. thats also the reason why i bought it now. and furthermore i couldn`t wait to trying this thing. and for now i can say: it was a good decision. i enjoy it very much to play with it.
I'm pretty sure in the next 6-9 month if not earlier. Dare to bet? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
I'm pretty sure in the next 6-9 month if not earlier. Dare to bet? :D
:hihi:

this would be nice for all who wants to wait for this. but i don`t think so. 6 never, 9 maybe.

Ok we can bet:
If you lose, you have to buy my FL-Studio Signature License, whether it is legal or not :D
And if i lose.... i`ll sell my FL-Studio Signature to someone else, whether it is legal or not :roll:

No no, i don`t wanna bet, because i`m an serios and upright person :dog:
Was Große tun, beschwatzen gern die Kleinen.

sugo wrote:this would be nice for all who wants to wait for this. but i don`t think so. 6 never, 9 maybe.
I come back to this post when the sale start okay?! :D

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”