SynthMaster Player keeps modifing SynthMasterPlayerFolders.txt forcing Sonar to rescan

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I'm trying the SynthMaster Player Free and SynthMasterCM to see if I'm interested in the discounted player that's being offered. No clue if the paid version does this.

It appears both the Computer Music version and the Player Free version store their data folder with the VST DLL. The PDF manual talks about how you can relocate the data folder to another directory by moving everything except the DLL and the SynthMasterPlayerFolders.txt text file, which you need to update with the path to where you moved everything.

So I did this because everytime any files in a vst directory are modifed Sonar X3 will re-do it's VST scan. So every time I load up SynthMaster Player Free and start playing around I see Sonar start it's VST scan. Which is super annoying. I had hoped that by moving everything out of the install directory I could stop this. But no, SynthMaster keeps changing the timestamp on the SynthMasterPlayerFolders.txt file, even though there is no change to the content. It's looks like it is just rewriting the file. Causing Sonar X3 to once again do its scan.

It's super annoying! Is there anyway I can get it to stop that and not modify files in my VST directory (which isn't in c:\Program Files so as a result is actually modifiable which might explain why I'm seeing and most users aren't).

I'm also having huge problems with SynthMasterCM, everytime I pick the preset "PER HEX Tom" Sonar's audio engine stops working and Sonar hangs and has to be killed. The Player Free version doesn't have this problem, only the Computer Music version. It happens every time I pick that preset. SynthMasterCM claims I have the most recent version (but won't give up a version number).

Should I just remove SynthMasterCM since it appears to be very buggy? Is there anything in it that isn't in the Free Player?
-Matt

More strangeness. If I use the free Player version (with a license key) Sonar doesn't seem to restore the selected preset when reloading the project. It always defaults back to "KY Innocent Keys (i)" This is on Win 7 64bit, Sonar X3 Producer 64-bit using v2.6.21 VST Player, 64 bit.

Is that no restoring presets on a load a Sonar problem or is it a missing feature in the free player?
-Matt

Try to run Sonar as a "regular" user, not "administrator". This way, you can not write to Program Files folder.

In the next update I will change this functionality, don't worry: i.e. if the path did not change it will not written again.

SynthMaster Player or Player FREE (they are the same functionally) loads/saves the preset selected. I dont own Sonar so I have no way of testing this problem. Maybe I can try downloading a demo of Sonar ?

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I am running Sonar as a regular user. But my VST plugins are not in Program Files, they are on my D: drive. So they are fully writable (also helps with compatibility issues). I install almost no software on my system drive (if I have a choice).

Not sure why Sonar projects weren't restoring the selected preset. But it seems to be working this morning. I've rebooted at least once since I last tried SynthMaster though. Perhaps something was stuck (when I was having all those crash/hangs with the PER HEX Tom preset in SynthMasterCM).
-Matt

SynthMasterCM had many issues, especially the 64bit version. However, I've had no time to fix those as my time is fully occupied with SynthMaster, SynthMaster Player and SynthMaster Player for iOS :)

Bulent
Works at KV331 Audio

Any chance this constant rewriting of the SynthMasterPlayerFolders.txt will ever be fixed?

I did go ahead and buy the full Synthmaster Player, which is very nice. But even the most recent build rewrites the unchanged SynthMasterPlayerFolders.txt file to the VST directory when loaded.
-Matt

I will change the code while building v2.7
Works at KV331 Audio

Awesome. Thanks so much. I dread every time I use SynthMaster in Sonar because it. Will be nice to not have it bothering me anymore.
-Matt

Return to “KV331 Audio”