'Future Retro Beats' for Hive. Intro price ENDS tonight.

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ah yes, Electro Swing...Glad to hear that brass patch was done right :). I'm serious about a dedicated soundset for just that genre. Which synths do you own? If possible, I'd like to do it for one of the synths on your list.

As for Bazille, I'd say it's my personal favorite synth out of the entire U-He product line. The patch cables and more difficult-to-use interface encourages more exploration, and I love a good creative smack upside the head. It's a _VERY_ "cerebral" synth. Also, Bazille and Zebra are better suited to soundscapes and atmospheric patches, which are the kinds of sounds I like doing the most.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

Xenos wrote:Ah yes, Electro Swing...Glad to hear that brass patch was done right :). I'm serious about a dedicated soundset for just that genre. Which synths do you own? If possible, I'd like to do it for one of the synths on your list.

As for Bazille, I'd say it's my personal favorite synth out of the entire U-He product line. The patch cables and more difficult-to-use interface encourages more exploration, and I love a good creative smack upside the head. It's a _VERY_ "cerebral" synth. Also, Bazille and Zebra are better suited to soundscapes and atmospheric patches, which are the kinds of sounds I like doing the most.
If you wanted to do a soundset for any synth...well, Hive ^^.

I'm being honest when I believe it's the best softsynth I've ever used. I tried to use Zebra2 for a solid year. While I absolutely loved the sound (and I agree that it's wonderful for lush atmospheric sounds. Aiyn Zahev's demo-tracks express this ^^), I unfortunately had to put it away because I just couldn't find myself making millage on it. There were simply too many options and that made me freeze up rather then explore. I was advised/warned before that you don't need all the bells and whistles and that advice turned out to be true ^^.

Which is why I love Hive. It's got Diva-esque sound but with Sylenth-simplicity. While It's true I want FM/Sync and more features to better compete with Reveal Sound Spire (which was my previous choice for best softsynth and is now relegated as my back-up at the moment for when I need something Hive doesn't), my enjoyment comes precisely that it *doesn't* have every feature and synthesis under the sun. I don't want to see MSEG's, XMF filters, and really advanced features on Hive.

It's all about having a careful balance that gives Hive plenty of depth without compromising it's speed and ease-of-use.

I really hope that Hive sells well!

Xenos wrote:Next commercial Hive release will be strictly for EDM. Had a play with the "Electronic Dance Music" folder last night, and there are still several missing elements I'd like to fill in. Want more chord stabs, smooth leads, more variety in the synth plucks, and we really need some dance-oriented risers/downers/hits. Already have several patches here which were originally going to be included in FRB, but didn't include those as I thought they would fit better in a dedicated dance/edm set.
Hope that a EDM-dedicated bank for Hive is still in the works!

Little by little, I'm slowly organizing my sound-libraries for different styles. I'd love to hear Progressive House out of Hive and more. There's still not enough for Hive yet :).

And although it's not EDM, I'd love to hear some Chiptune from Hive. I know Sendy and other producers around here love 8-bit music, and Hive's 'Corrode' sounds incredible :D.

Return to “u-he”