Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

We'll see 8)

that makes me curious :)

garryknight wrote:
Urs wrote: It could also be something for quick sound design. XY controls come to mind. Possibly with degrees of randomization on each axis.
Talking of randomization, patch randomization could be nice, to help come up with new sounds, but a) you don't need an entire hexagon for it, and b) I've never come across patch randomization on any synth that actually works well.
sylenth1 got a nice random feature :)

either an osci or a XY- panel in the Hexagon.

Garzita wrote:MORPH??? in the video there is a MORPH tab, is it PRESET Morph??? oh man, so excited!!!
What video?

---
Last edited by Chapelle on Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aha - morph! I hope it's along the lines I suggested.

Great Video- very professional.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Its now fully released and no morph like in video... disappointed...
Last edited by takaii on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

LOL.

ronnyrydgren wrote:Its now fully released and no morph like in video... disappointed...
Yes! As it is disppointing that there is no WIP as in the demo! And I really wanted more WIPs in my music!

:x :wink:

Oh! the Hexagon thread is back in the top. The 'feature request' thread should be up here too. That way, Feature and Hexagon ideas can both be in their own respective threads ^^.

As for removing the WIP, I think it was a good idea. Granted, it's a bit of a tease that the 'Morph' tab isn't in the final product, but I can't see that as any sort of deal-breaker. Hive has always been subject to change till now. I remember the manual used to have a third hexagon named 'Scope'. In any case, at least there isn't a giant "WIP!" hexagon everytime you load up an instance.

Urs said that it was a bit of viral marketing for a future update. That's certainly enough for me to keep excited while I play with Hive in the meantime :).

Kind of confused :? Sorry if I missed it in a previous message/thread, but at what point will there be a morph or 3rd panel in Hive ? Or is that just for V1.5 or 2.0 if at all ?

We don't know for certain. It hasn't been established yet exactly when the third hexagon will show up.

Morphing would be a great addition. If more hexagons were ever to be added, how about spectral filtering and/or waveshaping?

garryknight wrote:Morphing would be a great addition. If more hexagons were ever to be added, how about spectral filtering and/or waveshaping?
There probably should be a limit to the amount of hexagons ^^;.

Actually, this will probably be the only one and I don't think I can complain. While it is true that I want Hive to be more fleshed out so it can capture a broader spectrum of EDM like Serum or Spire, the last thing in the world I want is for it to turn into Zebra2. Heck, one of the biggest appeals of Hive is precisely that it doesn't have every feature and synthesis under the sun.

It's all about having a healthy balance between speed and depth :3.

Return to “u-he”