Audjoo Helix opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Helix

Firebird wrote:I like this synth, it is capable of some very cool sounds.
Surprised we dont hear more about it.
I agree, and for 75$ it really is a steal, considering it's capabilities.

Apologies if this has already been posted:

patch generator:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/helixpg/

andrewbrewer wrote:Apologies if this has already been posted:

patch generator:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/helixpg/
Thanks for the link, this does look interesting! Too bad I don't have a midi controller right now to test any of the generated sounds.

fischkopf wrote:
Firebird wrote:I like this synth, it is capable of some very cool sounds.
Surprised we dont hear more about it.
I agree, and for 75$ it really is a steal, considering it's capabilities.
Worth every penny and then some. I would have bought it at the price before this though. I love the oscillators-plugged-directly-into-your-ears sound. Not unlike Z3ta soundwise, but Helix has its own thing going on.
Ha ha suck it!

i love this synth. it's very sad indeed if it's been discontinued..

inkwarp wrote:i love this synth. it's very sad indeed if it's been discontinued..
It's got what I can only describe as like a physical presence to the sound. Very great. I tend to neglect it too often, but every time I open it I have a great time programming.
Ha ha suck it!

Doesn't look discontinued to me:
http://www.audjoo.com/h/Helix.htm

$75? Wow. That's a very good deal. I have it and swear by it. Low CPU, solid sound, and fully-featured enough for complex sound design.
VST PRESETS ---> http://xenossoundworks.com
Bazille, NI Massive, Z3ta, PPG Wave, TAL-J8, RePro, Diva, Spire and more

I think if it had a easier to control interface but kept the same sound engine, it could be a spire killer.

Yes. The Helix GUI can be increased by 200% in Photoshop (I did it) but Helix needs to also send a message to the host DAW to increase the window size 200%. So close, yet so far....
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

Sounds great but the GUI is a nightmare and doesn't work well in 64 bit machines.

Shame. One synth that could really use an update.

wagtunes wrote:Sounds great but the GUI is a nightmare and doesn't work well in 64 bit machines.

Shame. One synth that could really use an update.
This.

It's a great little synth. GUI makes it hard to use unfortunately. But it sounds great. :)
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Im wondering; what exactly is it that some of you dont like about the UI?

Is it the size? The arrangement? The colors?

Just wondering because personally i find very little to complain about.

The demo on the other hand...i could understand it.

EDIT: I meant Beta, not Demo.
Last edited by ENV1 on Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ENV1 wrote:Im wondering; what exactly it is that some of you dont like about the UI?

Is it the size? The arrangement? The colors?

Just wondering because personally i find very little to complain about.

The demo on the other hand...i could understand it.
I wrote Jonas and mentioned some of the more specific complaints from other topics and forums. Not wanting to speak for anyone else, I told him that I personally would pay for an upgrade, as I feel Helix would benefit from some changes, mostly concerning what I feel is a cramped and kind of awkward gui. I realize both that some people are fine with the synth as is (I love that synth, and it's hard to complain about the price), and that it's not looking likely for a Helix 2, but I felt it worth the effort.
Ha ha suck it!

wagtunes wrote:Sounds great but the GUI is a nightmare and doesn't work well in 64 bit machines.
That's new to me, in what way does it not work well?

ENV1 wrote:Im wondering; what exactly is it that some of you dont like about the UI?

Is it the size?
Mostly the size for me. I suffer from bad eyestrain and can't use small GUIs for very long. If it was bigger I'd be happy. It's not a bad GUI when you get used to it's quirky layout - So I don't mind that. :)

@Apostate.

I'd be more than willing to fork out for an upgrade as well. :tu:
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Return to “Instruments”