Cant open Ableton project? please help :(

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys, one of my plugins (LFO Tool) has suddenly started playing up after the 9.2 update, I cant load any of my projects without them crashing instantly, I tried to uninstall the plugin but I cant find it (its not in library\audio\plug-ins) (I'm using OSX 10.9.5)

Is there any way I can disable LFO Tool so that I can recover my projects? Or any other solution that could work? would be very upsetting to lose 2 years worth of work because of one malfunctioning plug-in :(

Thanks!

First, if XferRecords or Ableton don't have a solution (depending on who is causing the offending crash), and if you are not getting a fix after reinstalling, I would strongly suggest downgrading back to the previous version of Live (especially if you need access to two years worth of work).

Next... Another thing worth trying is opening a blank set, then using live's browser, navigate to your saved set and begin dragging each track from the old project into the new one.

***Its worth mentioning that you should save the set after each successful import of each track (so you don't have to repeat the process if you keep pulling in the affected crashing plugin.

Either wait for Ableton or Steve to fix the problem, and/or revert to 9.1.10 for the time being ?

Maybe you could go to your plugin folder and drag the lfo out of it so ableton won't load it

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”