AU failing validation in logic 9 & X

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Patchwork is failing to validate in logic with the following error:

COLD:
2015-06-23 01:15:33.401 auvaltool[15944:f07] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BC PatchWork AU.component/Contents/MacOS/BC PatchWork AU: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BC PatchWork AU.component/Contents/MacOS/BC PatchWork AU, 262): can't resolve symbol ___stack_chk_guard in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib because dependent dylib #3 could not be loaded in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib
FATAL ERROR: OpenAComponent: result: -50,0xFFFFFFCE

validation result: couldn't be opened

OSX 10.8.5 - any ideas?

It looks like some system library is missing on your system. Have you by any chance installed some specific OpenGL software that may have changed the system libraries?

Googling the error, it seems that it may be a system issue:
http://www.logic-users-group.com/forums ... ened.7605/

Have you tried to load the standalone application on your system to see if it has the same issue? The plug-in runs fine on a similar system here.

Works fine in standalone and the VST works in cubase- seems to be an issue with logic only.

What is strange is that you get the same error in both Logic 9 and 10. Can you try if manually launching auval from the command line (terminal) fails too?

Code: Select all

auval -v aumf 1kh1 Bcau
Also, do the other versions (Synth and MFX) fail too?

Using auval:

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
2015-06-26 17:10:47.876 auvaltool[6152:f07] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BC PatchWork AU.component/Contents/MacOS/BC PatchWork AU: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/BC PatchWork AU.component/Contents/MacOS/BC PatchWork AU, 262): can't resolve symbol ___stack_chk_guard in /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound because dependent dylib #4 could not be loaded in /System/Library/Frameworks/Carbon.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CarbonSound.framework/Versions/A/CarbonSound

Most of the BCA plugins I own (meter, patchwork, free pack) giving me this error only in logic 9 & X - working fine in cubase.

If I use the infamous "force validation" util, the plugins do load and work in logic - but I'm unable to use them without this "hack"

So it looks like it is the auval system tool that has a problem (this explains why the thread linked above suggests an OSX reinstall to fix it). :-(

Oh well.. that's not going to happen ;-)

Hi, Any luck in fixing your issue?

I'm receiving the same error:

TESTING OPEN TIMES:
COLD:
2015-08-15 11:23:31.439 auvaltool[2490:f07] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Big Blue Compressor.component/Contents/MacOS/Big Blue Compressor: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Big Blue Compressor.component/Contents/MacOS/Big Blue Compressor, 262): can't resolve symbol ___stack_chk_guard in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib because dependent dylib #3 could not be loaded in /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/A/Libraries/libGLU.dylib

validation result: couldn't be opened

---

Thanks for any insight you may have,

-Z.

The only thing that worked for me was the force validation tool.

https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-c ... units.html

By the way this plug-in is not from Blue Cat Audio:

Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/Big Blue Compressor.component

So this seems to confirm that this is a system issue that affects other components as well (probably all components using OpenGL).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”