Why have you Not Purchased Orion over the Years?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Orion

Didn't knew it existed till recently in thread that deals with Synapse dropping it, but doesn't look like something I would use anyways :wink:

How did all this nonsense come from a thread about an unpopular DAW? You guys are baited too easily.

I wasn't baiting. It was a recent removal from their site. The developer was right though. It starts all kinds of things just by bringing it up.

http://forum.synapse-audio.com/viewtopi ... =2&t=11371
Last edited by arkmabat on Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arkmabat wrote:I wasn't baiting. It was a recent removal from their site. The developer was right though. It starts all kinds of things just by bringing it up.
Not you, the guy getting real angry that someone might dislike a thing.

TFF wrote:
arkmabat wrote:I wasn't baiting. It was a recent removal from their site. The developer was right though. It starts all kinds of things just by bringing it up.
Not you, the guy getting real angry that someone might dislike a thing.
The guy could give a rat's ass what you like or not I just get sick of all the "experts" mouthing off about this product or that and never coming correct with some music. Music. Isn't that what it's all about. Who cares if you got all the technical shit if you can't come up with a melody. I'm sick of the forgettable crap that all y'all keep dropping. I'm 63 years old...I seen it all from Do-Wop to Hip-Hop and I'm not impressed. Good music doesn't have to be perfectly mixed or mastered (listen to any Sly and the Family Stone track). It needs to be real, original, and from the heart. I don't care how many plug-ins you own or what you use as a DAW, give me something I can feel.
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

Please, someone give him something he can feel! :o

mrcleats wrote:Please, someone give him something he can feel! :o
AIN'T HAPPENING!
"Everything we hear is an opinion,not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective,not the truth." _ Marcus Aurelius

I never owned Orion, but I always thought that it looked like a great host for the money. It seems like it had a very elegant and streamlined workflow without all the bloat of the major DAWs. It's too bad that it wasn't more successful, but I agree with some of the other responses here regarding the lack of marketing for it. Sometimes you really need to shove people's noses in it to make them pay attention.
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

Karma_tba wrote:
mrcleats wrote:Please, someone give him something he can feel! :o
AIN'T HAPPENING!
Haha! Brilliant :tu:
Last edited by mrcleats on Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It simply didn't do enough.

It's a large constellation and I have nowhere to put it.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I'm not defending Orion... I'm just telling all y'all you ain't shit. I use it.. but I use Fl Studio, Studio 1, and Tracktion. I pledge allegiance to no one. I started with Acid, moved to Orion, FL Studio, then
Tracktion,and later Studio 1. A song doesn't care how it's realized. Y'all are like gamers. Does graphics make a better game? There's no replacement for a studio, or an engineer. You been sold a bill of goods. Are you an artist or a producer? No! you're just a little bitch with disposable income.

Aloysius wrote:
:lol:

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Aloysius wrote:
:D

Always a pleasure to read your posts. :)

Are you seriously 63?
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”