Casio CTK 3200 with Logic Pro X. Sound trigger on lower register but silent on most of keyboard

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am having issues using this keyboard as a controller with Logic Pro X.

I am only getting it to trigger sounds on the lower register with no sounds being triggered after about the 15th key on up.

This renders most of the keyboard useless as a controller.

Any ideas on what may be causing this?

Which virtual instruments are you using? Is this problem specific of a certain synth, or is it system wide?

By the way, I would try watching the messages sent by the keyboard with a tool like midi monitor, in order to understand if the problem is the keyboard (notes not sent or sent on the wrong channel) or Logic (some funky filtering going on on the environment).

Also, is there any split active on the keyboard? I had a WK-1800 (well, I still have that in storage) and I'm quite sure the split setup sends notes on different midi channels, so if the plugin doesn't receive on OMNI, that could be the issue.

Thanks for replying. I am using all stock instruments that come with logic pro X. No matter what instrument I use, when I get to the C3 key there is no sound for this or any key on up.

How would I check if I have a split active ? Is this the default setting?

I just noticed this is only happening on drum kits

Oh, so everything it's working fine, the drum kits are extremely likely to have just a few sounds, so they don't cover all the 128 notes offered by midi and that's why they play only on the lower octave (around C1).

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”