Are the competitors scared of Studio One now?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks Lawrence - useful info. However, I think only 1 out 100 people would probably know to do that :) I think Presonus should just make these a default in the program. I added ones to trim and extend the note - there isn't a way to adjust the note start in a similar way from what I can see.

Also, just tried compression again for MIDI - it isn't working for me. What it seems to do is just scale the notes vs. compressing them (another guy on the Presonus forums seems to mention this as well).

Anyway, thanks for sharing! The macro functionality is definitely great (I created one to mimic the CMD + . functionality of Pro Tools and Logic which deletes the currently being recorded take, resets your position, and then starts recording again).

No problem.

Yes, many people won't use those things because they don't bother to look and they'll be asking for some things they could setup in a minute or two already. No doubt. I saw the same thing in Cubase where many users never touched the Midi Logical Editor, would instead continually ask for a factory function to do something already very easily possible with the MLE.

Human nature I suppose. :) Some users want everything handed to them on a silver platter. Those are likely not potential Reaper fans. :hihi:

As to velocity compression, it works, for certain, it maybe doesn't look like it to some because it affects all the notes instead of only notes over a certain threshold. The gaps between highest and lowest velocities do change with the correct settings but it's not all that great, could be much better for sure. :)

Studio One's biggest midi issue is mostly functionality that's simply not there yet, the ability to filter midi edits by velocity, length, pitch, etc, etc. They just haven't done it yet. It pretty much only filters edits by selection and nothing else.

Right you are...in fact, figured out a macro for trimming / extending the start using a combination of nudge and changing the length of the note (unfortunately, couldn't find a way to change the quantize grid via a macro, so it only works if your grid is set to 1/16, but still, nice to have).

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”