launchpad pro vs push

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Push was 30% off last month (€350), so at that price, it was pretty much a no-brainer for me. I think the integration is not to be underestimated, it's like it's written in all the reviews, it allows for a complete hands-off control of Live (that is, until you finish a track in the Arrangement). And the step sequencer and isomorphic keyboard are great.
So I guess it depends on how you intend to use the controller, if it's for live performance, you might not need the kind of integration it offers, but if it's for getting ideas down in the first phase of your production process, it's pretty hard to beat. And worth the premium (imho of course).

The 30% off deal on PUSH did it for me too, and I'm very happy to have made the jump. I have the original Launchpad too. The solid build quality and integration with Live offered by PUSH is very good, and makes the Launchpad feel a little "light-weight" in comparison, altho' it's still a nice bit of kit for playing live. There are a few scripts out there to give it Push style functionality (no launching or velocity). I haven't tried the new Launchpad, so can't really comment on it.

Thanks for correcting me, I didn't know that. Still, AFAIK most DAWs don't support scripting, it's usually simple 1:1 controller assignments at most, so the decision to buy it or not boils down to whether or not it will work with your DAW.

The main features of Push that I actually use:

- In-key keyboard
- Rotary encoders

This has none.

However, if all you do is to launch clips live or play drums, then you will be fine.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

You can get the Launchpad to do the In-key thing, drumrack and the sequencer ... but yeh, no encoders.
http://motscousus.com/stuff/2011-07_Nov ... e_Scripts/

:=)
expert only on what it feels like to be me
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks

;=)

Okay, let's put it in another way: Push is the only controller I actually use (and need). It can do pretty much everything you'd like to do. The only other thing I'd like to have on my desk is actual MIDI keyboard, but again, why clutter the desk when you can have all-in-one solution.

After purchasing Push I don't need anything else, seriously.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Push is an absolute beauty and if you haven't tried one go and find one to test. On the other hand i've heard good things about the launch pad so really it depends on preference. Go into a store and test them out.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”