Quick Mulab 6 Question

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm testing the free version and I like what I'm seeing and hearing. However, there's one simple thing I can't figure out. Playing an instrument while editing an effect that's in the same rack is not a problem but how can I do the same thing when the effect is in a different rack (used as a send)? As soon as I click on that effect or rack I no longer hear the instrument that I'm playing on the keyboard. In Cubase you need to activate that instrument so you'll be able to play and hear it no matter in what window you are editing. Please tell me this is possible in Mulab 6 too!

Thanks for you help!

Alex
Last edited by Alex Cremers on Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry, double post!

Yes its possible, there is a Toggle Automatic/Manual MIDI Input Focus in the Project Menu which should sort that
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

You can select the instrument rack and edit the send effect at the same time, that should be no problem. Unless the send effect is also assigned to a track, in that case clicking the send effect editor will also switch MIDI focus to that send effect. This behavior can be disabled via the "Activate Module Editor Auto MIDI Focuses Module" preference. bibz1st suggestion also is relevant.

I have this idea to make this more simple and straightforward in M7: Simply let the selected track define the MIDI focus. Thus like it is in most other DAWs. Then the focused module panel (top-right in project window) will become obsolete and can be removed. (the keyboard can stay though, and will play the current track = MIDI focus). Doing so abandons a little bit of extra flexibility, but might be a welcome simplification. What do you think?

Thanks! The 'Manual Midi Input Focus' thingie worked!

A simplification actually sounds good to me but long time Mulab users might disagree.

Alex

I like the flexibility but I'd prefer it to be a distinct action rather than "on focus". Something like "Send MIDI Input here" as a right-click option. No need to change how anything else works, just what triggers the existing "on focus" behaviour, so no loss of flexibility just more predictability.

Return to “MUTOOLS”