A couple of audio related questions

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jo, two quick questions for you:

#1) The new audio meter module...to actually see the readout, the decibel level, it requires a click with the mouse, seems clumsy. Is there a reason why you designed it like this? Why not just have the decibel info available on the meters, "at a glance"? I think it would be more useful that way.

#2) Graphically, MuLab displays stereo waveforms as what looks like a mono waveform display. In SONAR, or Wavelab, a stereo wave would be displayed as two separate waveforms, graphically...left & right. Why does MuLab only show one, mono looking wave display, even when the soundfile is clearly stereo?

*** Bumpety Bump Bump ***

Sorry missed this one during to the summer break i guess.
Grizzellda wrote:#1) The new audio meter module...to actually see the readout, the decibel level, it requires a click with the mouse, seems clumsy. Is there a reason why you designed it like this? Why not just have the decibel info available on the meters, "at a glance"? I think it would be more useful that way.
Then the level meters should be much wider and hence also the volume slider... Gets too wide i think.
#2) Graphically, MuLab displays stereo waveforms as what looks like a mono waveform display. In SONAR, or Wavelab, a stereo wave would be displayed as two separate waveforms, graphically...left & right. Why does MuLab only show one, mono looking wave display, even when the soundfile is clearly stereo?
It grew that way. It's somewhere on the wishlist to make this a stereo view.

Thanks for answering -
mutools wrote:Then the level meters should be much wider and hence also the volume slider... Gets too wide i think.
But the new audio meter has no volume slider, just meters. Maybe you mean the mix fader module? I don't think it would be to wide...and so what if it was? The functionality is the important thing! It would make much more sense to just look at it and get a readout.
mutools wrote:It grew that way. It's somewhere on the wishlist to make this a stereo view.
Cool...Was wondering about that!

Grizzellda wrote:But the new audio meter has no volume slider, just meters.
I meant in the racks. Anyway, i understand your request and have taken note and will see what i can do. If it's not yet in M7.0 then at least it's on the wishlist.

Heh Heh, :lol:

Oh, you meant racks! I was talking about the meter module in a Mux! Thanks alot for considering this - I really think that the functionality is the thing!

Return to “MUTOOLS”