Optimized CPU usage
7%
MuSynth as VST plugin
2%
More clear and tight relationship between tracks and racks
1%
Time Stretching
13%
Loop composer / clip launcher mode for intuitively building up patterns / live performances
16%
Freezing
8%
Arpeggiator / Step sequencer module, embeddable into front panels
14%
Scalable user interface, customizable fonts
3%
Other, specified in post
7%
None
2%

Total votes: 209

RELATED
PRODUCTS

if mux modular in the slicer and sampler get good timestretching, quality as elastique 3 or sample tank 3 is a important point for me. reaper can buy for 60$ and contain newest elastique 3. so seem a licence for elastique 3 not so expensive. or maybe there is better here.
but reaper is only a DAW, it contain no good slicer/sampler that use good timestretching or allow modular synths. so mux modular is for reaper users great too. maybe mux modular can on reaper access the elastique time stretching. but elastique sound only good in 3 version (with possibility of formant corretion) good i think. due to formant correction, can also create new sounds, or layer sounds(single voice do a choir), that sound diffrent, and get no phasing effects

http://www.zplane.de/index.php?page=des ... -elastique
win 10 64 22H2 intel i5 8600K (6*3.6 GHZ) 32 GB Ram

Multiple midi editing could be realized in this way:
There is one track, which is actice and can be edited. The other tracks are grayed out or lighter in their original colour and get actice, if you click on one of the events of that track. Overlapping should be no problem.
Multiple editing is a great feature, because you can edit the events in relation to others . There are daws like Bitwig or Reaper, which have implemented this feature.
Last edited by wibem on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jo, I'd like to get some feedback from you regarding the VST management ideas I was exploring. Like a hierarchy of folders type thing. Folders within folders. This would be good as plug-ins become more numerous! Is it feasible, practical? Would you consider it?
heks wrote:I applaud your enthusiastic defence of a great programme Grizzellda and you are correct about learning a programmes idiosyncrasy's. But have you tried the piano roll in Fruity? Its exultant, (worth trying to see why its being mentioned), so is the piano roll in Orion, both rolls are quick and intuitive.
Exultant! :clap: :D Heh heh, great word heks! Well, yes, I did demo FL Studio a while back but didn't really explore it too much. Haven't tried Orion (not sure if it is still under active development). I know the piano roll in Fruity is very nice, I won't debate that - however one still has to learn how to use it properly, which is , I believe my basic point. Working with an application & learning it.

If Jo wanted to mimic that "right click erase", maybe he could set up a different mode of mouse behavior which applied just to the piano roll, giving right-clicks over to various functions. Unless this wouldn't work with MuLabs coding.

Another option is simply this: left click = insert note and another left click on that same note = delete it, alternating. But really, I'm pretty comfortable with MuLabs roll as it is.

As for what side the master rack is on, well with MuLabs modularity it is flexible of course, but maybe having it "hardwired" and docked to one side would be workable. SONAR has it's final faders on the far right side and you can't remove them, or add FX. Simply a fader that all signals pass through on the way out, but SONAR has a flexible bussing system as well, so you can set the "master buss" as you like.

I'll conclude by saying that I don't think developing for Apple necessarily equals "professionalism". I think a well crafted product equals professionalism - and MuLab is. But this is Jo's business, how to spend development time. My view: Keep focus on the boutique user base, try to grow it, because it is unlikely that pro's using Pro Tools, Nuendo, etc. even know that there is a MuLab! I think this is realistic.

Grizzellda wrote:Jo, I'd like to get some feedback from you regarding the VST management ideas I was exploring. Like a hierarchy of folders type thing. Folders within folders. This would be good as plug-ins become more numerous! Is it feasible, practical? Would you consider it?
Yes like the many many other feature requests, some bigger (cfr this poll) some smaller. I'll first work on the main challenges for M7, and when all that is ready, then lets see how much time is left as i want to release M7.0 this year.
If Jo wanted to mimic that "right click erase", maybe he could set up a different mode of mouse behavior which applied just to the piano roll, giving right-clicks over to various functions. Unless this wouldn't work with MuLabs coding.
It's no problem at all coding wise, it's just that i have serious doubts whether breaking the "right-click = context menu" rule is a good thing. But i will evaluate it.
My view: Keep focus on the boutique user base
What's a "boutique user base"? (sorry if i'm missing something obvious, i'm not native english)

Grizzellda wrote: Exultant! :clap: :D Heh heh, great word heks! .
:oops: was in a rush, wife stomping around muttering something about someone spending too much time on the computer. :o

mutools wrote: Yes like the many many other feature requests, some bigger (cfr this poll) some smaller. I'll first work on the main challenges for M7, and when all that is ready, then lets see how much time is left as i want to release M7.0 this year.
That's nice to hear! I know you're busy, various users trying to pull you in different development directions. I guess you've got to do what is most practical.(So...plug-in management! :lol: :lol: and fonts!!!). Hey, I've been wanting to ask you...would you ever hire a couple more people to help with the workload, or are you committed to keep going as you are?
mutools wrote: It's no problem at all coding wise, it's just that i have serious doubts whether breaking the "right-click = context menu" rule is a good thing. But i will evaluate it.
Understood. Looks like you want a consistent flow through the app & that's prudent software design! I'd like to know your main concern about breaking the "right-click = context menu" rule though... maybe there is a way around it? You could put a button in the piano roll area & call it something like "Piano Roll Mode", and clicking that button would change the mouse behavior to be more like Fruity, (just specifically for editing) and another click of that button would change it back to "Regular Mode" (which would be the way it is now) ...That's an idea, and if you could code it, might actually work!
mutools wrote: What's a "boutique user base"? (sorry if i'm missing something obvious, i'm not native english)
That's a good question! :) I think "boutique" means something a little more refined or specialized. I meant that MuLab isn't the most popular, mainstream DAW on the market. Others would include Podium, Traktion, & Energy XT. Maybe it might be best to focus on the users who care about & appreciate your efforts.

In other threads you were talking about marketing & all that stuff..."increasing sales", etc. I mean, you would have to get more glitzy, probaby hire people to help, play that advertising game. Somehow you seem a little more stoic to me... you know, conservative, down to earth. Correct me if I'm wrong. I say keep doin' what you're doin'! It's got you this far!

I'll share something with you man - My Dad passed on a while back. This was one of his favorite sayings: God helps those...who help themselves... :hihi:

I voted. Whatever you do Jo, it will be kosher. All I have to add is that if you pursue live loop triggers and such, please have a legato trigger option! I recently looked at Bitwig and found it doesn't have legato which pretty much makes it non-live. Thats all-

hello, Jo,

after much hesitation about to post it or not, here it is (my last wish on this list, promise). :wink:

being the non-programer, can not know, how tedious could this be to implement, but it seems, the meta-parameterisation of cable property values (gain, intensity, offset, etc.) could come as handy, as quite often, modules could be left out that way (even if only in v8.x.x, v9.x.x).

the question is, could this mean less to calculate, or not (only you have the insight, only you can decide).

all the best...
Last edited by NadirToZenith on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grizzellda wrote:would you ever hire a couple more people to help with the workload?
With which money?
I'll share something with you man - My Dad passed on a while back.
My sincere condolences to you and your family.
God helps those...who help themselves... :hihi:
:)

NadirToZenith wrote:the meta-parameterisation of cable property values (gain, intensity, offset, etc.) could come as handy, as quite often, modules could be left out that way
Cable properties will always stay static. There are good reasons for that, one of which is optimization.
But you can also do each of the cable properties using a module and then the parameters are automatable and can be assigned to a meta-parameter. So in fact your feature request is already in there.

hello, Jo,
mutools wrote:optimization
you can also do each of the cable properties using a module and then the parameters are automatable and can be assigned to a meta-parameter
your feature request is already in there
thanks for your kind response (the adamant dabbler here has overseen something quite obvious). :oops:

all the best...

mutools wrote: With which money?
Understood.
mutools wrote:My sincere condolences to you and your family.
Thank You, The Universe seems to flow on, I think we better learn to flow with it.

My Old Man would have said something like this, Jo: Find a niche. Specialize. Be unique. Offer something that no one else is, and the Universe might reward you.

Mind you, he read alot of those old self-help books from the Sixties!!! :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi:
Last edited by Grizzellda on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

heks wrote:
Grizzellda wrote: Exultant! :clap: :D Heh heh, great word heks! .
:oops: was in a rush, wife stomping around muttering something about someone spending too much time on the computer. :o
Well heks, maybe tell your wife that spending time in front of the computer is downright necessary for human functioning! :lol: :hihi:
Last edited by Grizzellda on Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
A PADSynth (http://zynaddsubfx.sourceforge.net/doc/PADsynth/PADsynth.htm) module would be a nice addition to the current sound generators. Somewhat related to this, an enhanced harmonic editor for defining oscillator waveforms. In the current one, you simply type the level of each harmonic, but an interface where you can draw in the the amplitude and phase of each harmonic would be really helpful. 

I don't think a "boutique" or "niche" market is the ideal to focus on. If you want to expand your business then you'd probably better try to get as many customers on board as possible.
That means both beginners and experienced users. Both on Windows and Mac.

I think that's what Jo's trying to do. Make a DAW that is both easy to get into, lightweight and not overbloated with features, but with the basic features right ahead of you. And, on the other hand, modularity of the mux below the surface so that the experienced users can go as deep as thay want in their experimentations.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “MUTOOLS”