Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Zebra Duophonic mode patches

Poll ended at Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:13 pm

Yes please.
58%
No, I don't like them.
No votes
No idea, I've never used one/don't get it.
42%

Total votes: 12

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all Zebra users/fans, I'm working on a new patch set for our beloved synth, and I just wanted to get a quick idea of how you all feel about patches that use the Duophonic mode. I kept the choices simple, because it's a pretty simple question really, and there is no *Fish* option because again, this is a simple query, I even gave you a 3rd choice when only 2 were really necessary. :hihi:

Yeah sure... some good examples that got me more into duophonic style patching can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IMpElp0a_Q

3ee - Interesting sounds from that synth. The ones I've been doing don't have much in common with what I heard in that video though, more like legato-ish types of leads/keys really.

Thanks to all who have taken a minute to vote. So far it looks like about 2/3 are for Duophonic patches. :)

TBH, I've never used them, but that's because of my own ignorance - I have no idea what the pros/advantages are. I'll take a look at 3ee's link. (Oh and yes, I voted.)

fourthmanfire wrote:TBH, I've never used them, but that's because of my own ignorance - I have no idea what the pros/advantages are. I'll take a look at 3ee's link. (Oh and yes, I voted.)
An honest vote is a good vote. :)

I put that 3rd option because, until sometime last year I had never even used Zebra in Duophonic mode. And double honesty = it's not my personal favorite, but since I am a sound design geek it's been fun to mess with it and try to do something worthwhile when making patches using it. :) That said, if anyone has any other examples I should hear of it in Zebra or other synths, I would be more than happy to listen, please link us up. 8)

E.g. in Zebra, 0 Tenth Anniversary / HS Fourth Stack (x2) and HS Motorlead. Try switching modes, play keyboard, listen. There are also a few in Diva e.g. HS Chili Paste Duo

Howard wrote:E.g. in Zebra, 0 Tenth Anniversary / HS Fourth Stack (x2) and HS Motorlead. Try switching modes, play keyboard, listen. There are also a few in Diva e.g. HS Chili Paste Duo
Howard, HS Fourth Stack (x2) sounds a lot like what I've been working on. Thanks for the heads up, I never did go back through all of the factory sounds in V2.7 :)

It looks like the general consensus is yes/not sure, since no one voted no ha-ha. :hihi:

haha i uploaded a vid of me jamming with it a couple days ago

its really cool, it's very jimmy page dazed and confused violin solo esque....i like that you kind of dont know what exactly your going to get with it.....you dont no if it will be harmonic or not...but it is a cool performance strategy i i like it.....need lots of delay and need to be in th eright mood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNkE-zIb7Bk
Sincerely,
Zethus, twin son of Zeus

Nice jam zethus909.

Return to “u-he”