Concert Strings 3

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just checked the video. Perfectly in sync here. Also, no one else has reported "sync" issues. Maybe something on your end is causing the trouble?

KirkHunter wrote:
Ryan99 wrote:I don't see Concert Strings 3 on the Kirk Hunter website. Has it been removed?
Yes temporarily while I optimize some CPU issues. Also, the priority now is the Spotlight Ensembles library.
So, CS3 IS going to be fixed at some point, right? I really like the library, but am finding it a real chore as it functions now.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

I would not say "fixed". Just "optimized". It was never a secret that it was very CPU-heavy. That's the most important change to be underway. But there are going to be some "sound" changes in the cellos and violas as well.

I'm looking forward to this. I really like CS3, but the only problem I'm having is the CPU. I often have to freeze tracks. Lower CPU use would be great.

Chandlerhimself wrote:I'm looking forward to this. I really like CS3, but the only problem I'm having is the CPU. I often have to freeze tracks. Lower CPU use would be great.
Concert Strings 3 has now been updated.

It has been awhile in the making, but here is a list of the updates and fixes to Concert Strings 3:
-Much better CPU efficiency (Improved by at least 50% on most systems)
-New "Purge" feature that allows you to purge unwanted players from memory.
-Keyswitch labels now use the "Yamaha" naming convention where Middle C is C3.
-Articulation names have been changed for better clarity.
-Most controls that use automation now have their names shown in the "Auto" pane in Kontakt.
-Overall improvement in sound. (ei. - bow noise reduced drastically)

To update your library, go back to the download page that was provided to you when you purchased, and re-download the entire library.  You should REPLACE your old library completely with the new download.

Just to be clear, We will no longer have the Combinations folder that was located in the old Instruments Folder?

Kind regards,
Rick

rtucker55 wrote:Just to be clear, We will no longer have the Combinations folder that was located in the old Instruments Folder?

Kind regards,
Rick
For now, that is correct. I'm working on a new "Combi" file though. So that will be announced when finished.

Great News!

Thanks for the quick reply and update Kirk.

Yes -- thanks for the update!

Thanks for the update! I shall now start on my (hopefully upward) learning curve...

If I use Concert Strings 3 as Chamber Strings, will the unused instruments be purged to lighten the cpu load?

Vardaro wrote:Thanks for the update! I shall now start on my (hopefully upward) learning curve...

If I use Concert Strings 3 as Chamber Strings, will the unused instruments be purged to lighten the cpu load?
It will lighten the CPU load when you purge as well. But not by a LOT.

OK. But I suppose that purging will lighten the load on the RAM ?

Vardaro wrote:OK. But I suppose that purging will lighten the load on the RAM ?
Yes, the primary reason for adding this purge mode was to decrease the RAM footprint.

After upgrading to the latest instruments, I cannot authorize cello and bass. When I load these two instruments, they load but do not ask for inputing the user name. Even if I click on the panel I cannot input my name. As a result, I only have 20 or so playable notes on the viola.

How can I fix this issue?

fatcatmusic wrote:After upgrading to the latest instruments, I cannot authorize cello and bass. When I load these two instruments, they load but do not ask for inputing the user name. Even if I click on the panel I cannot input my name. As a result, I only have 20 or so playable notes on the viola.

How can I fix this issue?
Fatcatmusic,

Try to download the instruments again. There was a glitch yesterday. But that glitch should have only happened with the violas and cellos. Not with basses and violins.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”