Hive 1.0

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Hive 2

tedlogan wrote:bmrzycki, would you please update Hive's library?
Hi Ted, I've added the corrected patch as "BVDH Stormdrain Final.h2p" to the PatchLib Hive beta zip. I don't have the ability to alter the factory soundbank that's included with the Hive install, that's up to Urs' team in Berlin.
Feel free to call me Brian.

I'll do that :-)

Howard wrote:
I'll do that :-)
Thanks Howard! :tu:
Feel free to call me Brian.

Thanks guys!

Now people can sleep soundly again, knowing that this malfunctioning part has been repaired.

World peace etc

Cheers!

Hive can, by lending itself to human interpretation creating very different sounds from Sylenth. I have been able to (by mine own ears opinion) recreate Sylenth with Zebra... +,. IMO Hive is about workflow.

P.S. Thanks U-HE for the considerations in Hive, I'm buying it just for that. It's nice to visit other planets every now and then :) It does some unique things that are rather easy to access.

I will miss the "thank you for trying this demo" LOL

Good one!
Rob McClelland wrote:I will miss the "thank you for trying this demo" LOL
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I have noticed there is some sort of bug in Hive. There are clear crackles in the sound.

How to reproduce to hear it:

1. Put the AMP ASDR release down.
2. Lower the filter down (no matter what engine) and set the modulation of any ADSR.

Im not sure if its only coincidience but i notice this after Upgrading to Windows 10 and FL Studio 12.1 (beta 2). Tho for some reason i think its only a coincidience.

Short envelopes produce clicks. Those clicks are more audible with damped timbres (such as sine oscillators and closed filters) than with bright tones.

It's a very natural thing and while "fast envelopes" are an important criteria for synth quality they also require to be handled with care, exactly because of that.

Urs wrote:Short envelopes produce clicks. Those clicks are more audible with damped timbres (such as sine oscillators and closed filters) than with bright tones.

It's a very natural thing and while "fast envelopes" are an important criteria for synth quality they also require to be handled with care, exactly because of that.
So its not a bug?

Most of the times i use synth sounds with release down. Its the first synth i came across that has this "feature".

themachinelt wrote:
Urs wrote:Short envelopes produce clicks. Those clicks are more audible with damped timbres (such as sine oscillators and closed filters) than with bright tones.

So its not a bug?

Most of the times i use synth sounds with release down. Its the first synth i came across that has this "feature".
Well, you could post or send us an mp3/preset with the problem. I'll be happy to look into this.

This is MP3.

https://copy.com/yWlleMIaQAH1H9uj

Preset

https://copy.com/mCRmy6Q6P4Qq4n0p

Its very simple, just stack up, detune, filter 24tb mod to mod env 1, cutoff down, release down.

Actually only release down, filter down with modulation is enough to hear this.

Thank you.

It sounds normal to me for 0 release. I just recreated that patch in Dune and got pretty much the same result. For very low notes I have to raise the release rates up to 25% to get rid of the clicking, in both synths. Higher notes are less effected, for normal chords it's good enough to go between 7.00 and 12.00 in Hive.

What synthesizer does not do this with the same kind of patch? - I'd like to check it out, and try to figure out what they do.

Cheers,

- Urs

Urs wrote:Thank you.

It sounds normal to me for 0 release. I just recreated that patch in Dune and got pretty much the same result. For very low notes I have to raise the release rates up to 25% to get rid of the clicking, in both synths. Higher notes are less effected, for normal chords it's good enough to go between 7.00 and 12.00 in Hive.

What synthesizer does not do this with the same kind of patch? - I'd like to check it out, and try to figure out what they do.

Cheers,

- Urs
Any, even Dune does not create Clicks and Pops.

Did you checked the Wave file i added?

EDIT:

Ok i did listened more carefuly, there are some kind of clicking, but its not very noticeable and it does not disturb. It feels more natural, while in hive it disturbs and the crackles sounds like crackles, like there is something wrong.

I managed to reproduce almost same "crackling" result with other synths, most noticebly Spire.

Anyhow, im glad to hear its not a bug. If you say its normal, that means its normal, just i never paid attention! :)

Thanks Urs!

Return to “u-he”