Patchwork Feature Suggestion VST Scanner or Multiple VST Locations

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,
I have more than one VST location on my computer (this is something I cannot change). When using my DAW/Sequencer, I can selected different locations for it to scan for different VSTs. It would be great if Patchwork could allow multiple VST locations to display together when loading VSTs instead of having to jump around to different locations to load different VSTs.

My temporary solution is have a completely separate BlueCatAudio Patchwork VST folder with everything together, but it is a waist of HD space (Acustica Acqua plugins take up a sizable amount).

I think ultimately, the best solution would actually be for Patchwork to allow scanning of multiple locations and for users to be able create their own plugin menus (organizing as we prefer).

Thanks for considering. Love the plugin and the consistent and thoughtful updates!

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Multiple paths and/or scanning are indeed in our todo list. There are however ways to make things a bit better using shortcuts.

My main issue with the lack of scan is that if your file structure changes in the VST folder, presets can come up with `plugin missing` messages. At least the relocate menu entry retains the plug settings but would be better if it wasn`t necessary.

So another user looking forward to scanning for this super useful plug!

Please, add this scanning feature for the patchworks plugin. You said it was in you todo's list in april.
Come on, put that feature and have many happy customers!

The todo list is indeed pretty long and everyone has specific requests. As you can see, we keep working on the software (the previous release was a great step forward for audio i/o and routing). This one is pretty high on the list but we can't commit on future releases.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:The todo list is indeed pretty long and everyone has specific requests. As you can see, we keep working on the software (the previous release was a great step forward for audio i/o and routing). This one is pretty high on the list but we can't commit on future releases.
Thanks for the response,

I look forward to seeing how things develop!

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. Multiple paths and/or scanning are indeed in our todo list. There are however ways to make things a bit better using shortcuts.
It's good that works for your hosts, but bear in mind there are very few hosts that support shortcuts to plugins. I only know of Live and Orion, and now yours, that do so. It's a pity because I find it very useful, all hosts should support this imho.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”