Fabfilter ProC 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have almost all the FabFilter plugins with the exception of Saturn, MB and the gater... Am I the only person who thinks that €52 for the upgrade is a bit steep?
I know it's not fair to compare but I just purchased MJUC for €24.
Just saying!

52 euros too steep? Jeebus.. what has the world come to. 50 euros gets you a decent meal + movie ticket + glass of wine.

Not sure how you guys compare value for plugins but I've seen some rather ridiculous things lately. Remember that Pro-C 2 has 5 completely new algorithms (the original Pro-C had 3 algorithms!) and has been in development for a long time. It's not just a small update.. it is a significant upgrade on all fronts.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

I got €75. Now that's steep. I'm not gonna buy the upgrade soon, only if there's a sales.
musisikamar.com

Bought it...

Fabfilter plugins are generally a little bit more expensive. But you get what you pay for... Ans imo Pro C 2 is just incredible.
I will take the Lord's name in vain, whenever I want. Hail Satan! And his little goblins too. :lol:

Do I need to install PROC-V2 and the V1 together or old projects with V1 are opened and back compatible with V2?
God save the Groove!

maurone dj wrote:Do I need to install PROC-V2 and the V1 together or old projects with V1 are opened and back compatible with V2?
I think you need both, since the plugins have different IDs (so you can use both if you want). I believe the presets are backwards compatible because I've opened a few from the V1 folder in the new plugin. You should be able to save a preset in V1 and replace that instance with V2.

I have not A/B'd to see if the sound is the same with the same preset in V1 and V2, however.

Nick

maurone dj wrote:Do I need to install PROC-V2 and the V1 together or old projects with V1 are opened and back compatible with V2?
You have to save v1 settings as Fabfilter-preset. Then you can load it in a v2-instance.

If they sound the same, you have to check out yourself. I didn't check that. My workflow: Old sessions will stay on v1, new sessions will work with v2.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

The old automation won't work. Keep both like stardustmedia said.
Last edited by e@rs on Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

bmanic wrote:52 euros too steep? Jeebus.. what has the world come to. 50 euros gets you a decent meal + movie ticket + glass of wine.
Or frugal meals for one week which may be what some of us have to do with that money instead of blowing it out in one night. Never mind the places where it has always been the reality, slow but sure global economic collapse is starting to catch everybody, in a case you were wondering. :party:

But the companies have their reasons for the prices too, some of them pretty much the same as for us complaining about them. In the end it's pretty easy, you really need the tools, you pay for them and that's it. Or you have to try justifying yet another unnecessary purchase, if only the price would be lower? More or less heavy adjustment going on while the next music biz bubble is starting to crackle, selling tools instead of actual music. I feel for all the parties involved.

bmanic wrote:52 euros too steep? Jeebus.. what has the world come to. 50 euros gets you a decent meal + movie ticket + glass of wine.

Not sure how you guys compare value for plugins but I've seen some rather ridiculous things lately. Remember that Pro-C 2 has 5 completely new algorithms (the original Pro-C had 3 algorithms!) and has been in development for a long time. It's not just a small update.. it is a significant upgrade on all fronts.
Agreed... 1 non-3D movie ticket here is now $21. The price of the upgrade is less than the cost of date. Although I must add that both are equally good investments (when you've got the right one)!

@subterfuge... You said it right. "If you really need the tools," buy it.

I don't see the point of buying plugins with a collector's mentality. If you don't need it then that's alright. Use what you get, whether free or not... use them. If MJUC is all you need then that's okay too.

For me Pro-C is my new go-to compressor. I actually really liked v1, so v2 is a welcomed treat.

kelvyn wrote:I have almost all the FabFilter plugins with the exception of Saturn, MB and the gater... Am I the only person who thinks that €52 for the upgrade is a bit steep?
Just saying!

MJUC sucks compared to C2 - not nearly as useful and detailed. I regret my MJUC purchase, and cannot say the same for the C2

vata44 wrote:
kelvyn wrote:I have almost all the FabFilter plugins with the exception of Saturn, MB and the gater... Am I the only person who thinks that €52 for the upgrade is a bit steep?
Just saying!

MJUC sucks compared to C2 - not nearly as useful and detailed. I regret my MJUC purchase, and cannot say the same for the C2
I regret my Mvocoder purchase. Maybe we can join a club. ;)

I regret my decent meal + movie ticket + glass of wine purchase.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I regret I am going to die with regrets.

I bought Pro-C not long ago and was given the upgrade to C2 for free. When I bought C I didn't really need another compressor but decided, based on the discounted price at the time, why not. I like C but there are other compressors out there too, for example Presswerk is pretty much my go-to compressor when I need a little more control over dynamics.

But. C2 is quite astounding. the added models really make it so much more versatile and the new UI is just incredible. I've been working with C2 for a couple days and am very impressed with its fearures and sound. the various concurrent dynamics displays really help to tweek the compressor. I like how FF are bringing the idea of real-time visualization of what I hear together in these kinds of interfaces - they do it in such a way as the visualization compliments subjective audible analysis (using your ears). very well thought out.

Return to “Effects”