Wacom tablet -> midi

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i would think the pen is too loose a control device with too short a travel distance, especially in tilt and pressure, to really be a great performance controller... ??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Does the bamboo have tilt?

Jace-BeOS wrote:i would think the pen is too loose a control device with too short a travel distance, especially in tilt and pressure, to really be a great performance controller... ??
My experience was that it worked really well. The Intuos line is very high resolution, and you can make extremely expressive gestures with a small amount of motion. Give it a try!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:i would think the pen is too loose a control device with too short a travel distance, especially in tilt and pressure, to really be a great performance controller... ??
My experience was that it worked really well. The Intuos line is very high resolution, and you can make extremely expressive gestures with a small amount of motion. Give it a try!
i meant that the small amount of motion is hard to control. But then, i have fine motor skills problems. With a joystick or a touch strip, you have physical feedback to help control your motion. With a pen hovering over a tablet, there's pretty much just you and your hand controlling a completely unrestrained object. If you make jerky movements, you get jerky modulation. [shrug]
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”