MUX: Multi-Point Envelope, filter triggering note data?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've downloaded the MUX VST demo and am trying to get a bunch of (one at the moment) multi-point envelope generators to modulate VSTi parameters. It responds to note messages and the Parameter Event Generator controls the VSTi parameter.

The issue is that I am trying to put a Note Key Ranger in front of it, but all notes are still triggering the envelope. I want to put a Note Key Ranger in front of a Note Key Splitter.....

.... ah, the Note Key Ranger does not work when both notes are the same, instead letting all notes through.

Hi,

I tried this out with two Event Monitor windows - one before the Note Key Ranger and one after - with the Note Key Ranger set to C3 for lower and upper bounds:
The purpose of the ranger is to ensure all note events received pass through but to limit the range to that given. As you can see, this appears to work as expected:

Are you after a note filter that excludes events based on various criteria (e.g. note number)? You probably want Note Key/Vel Filter (outside the Poly Synth module):

Aha, yes that's it - I was confused as to what the function of the module was, I was about to post back with evidence of further confusion but you've cleared things up. Everything's working perfectly, thanks for the interjection. :)

One more thing... is it possible to return to zero and stop on note-off instead of completing the loop?

In the Multi Point Env editor there is a 'on note off' setting. Select 'stop looping'. This will move directly to the release part (=everything after the end loop point) on note off.

Ahh, that's it - thanks for pointing that out. I also didn't have an envelope point after the loop end so it was stopping at the last value. Great to have that option too. Thanks again.

Return to “MUTOOLS”