Claps, Kicks and other Samples how its design?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello I have a question, How Guys from "Vengeance Sound" Know How to do all these sounds? Just how to do these things perfectly where from they have all this knowledge!!?. And Second Question "Shogun save me illya soloviev remix" this track have a great clap, I think that some Sample pack have this clap, again how they know how to do this things i think its a synthesizer noise with perfect Eq and other perfect edit, but This can not be done, i tried to do Clap from sylenth1 i used init preset and noise on one oscilator i have a clap but clap im talking about can not be done by normal people.

For kicks, get the nicky romero kick plugin. practise practise practise... layer the transients, off set the stereo, expirement and expirement!!

Thanks nicky romero kick is really nice thing , but this topic is not about this. But thanks for reply

they are using other samples to create new ones. EQ and compression are your best friends.
Source: i make sample packs
Cymatics.FM
Cymatics - Discover Your Sound

Revi111 wrote:i have a clap but clap im talking about can not be done by normal people.
Are they abnormal people? Or mutants? Aliens? :hyper:

A lot of the vengeance packs are actually sampled. There has been controversy over this for some time. If you sample an awesome kick from a techno track and layer it with a hi-hat click from some mo-town record and apply compression and EQ, is it legit to sell that as a new sample?

When I first got into production I felt that using samples was "cheating" so I spent an inordinate amount of time learning to synthesize everything. Kind of a waste of time, but suffice it to say that not all soft-synths are created equal when synthesizing drums. I found Sylenth1 can get a pretty convincing trance-style kick when coupled with some layering and compression, but not so much for the snares and claps.

There are tons of tutorials on YouTube for synthesizing sounds with VA soft-synths. Try checking out a few of those. Also BazzISM is a popular plug-in for making big, fat kicks for a lot of trance/electro/house producers: http://www.ismism.de/BazzISM.htm

if you look at claps in a wav editor (...) you'll observe that generally there are three triggers before the main envelope in the first ~40ms. you can synthesize this yourself but you need something that can do this.. eg. a modular environment (unless you can sequence three short triggers then one long one).

you do people do it? they generally look at lots of wav samples with editors and spectral analysers, and with a bit of insight from experience, perhaps electronics from circuit boards.. they are not very complex, but eg. the filters used aren't the same kind most people use on synths.

if you don't want to pay me lots of money for my excellent advice and buy 'bong' then try 'clap of luxury' on windows - this has a trick, unless you disarm the 'random seed' buttons in the lower left, it will be frustrating to edit the parameters... there are probably dozens of free clap synths nowadays ('bong' has more accurate filters than you'll find most places).

there are also like dozens of preexistent threads on the subject and tutorials (such as the 'sound on sound' series) :)
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

They are sound designers, and that's what sound designers do. It's not that different, creating a great clap, kick or whatever and creating a gunshot sound for a movie. It's about layering and molding the different elements together to create a sound you want to hear/have never heard before, depends on the goal. And it's fun, tinkering away for hours on just small stuff.

Return to “Sound Design”