Arturias thinking?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

whyterabbyt wrote:
DrGonzo wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:if I remember rightly he was running the sockpuppet account here that kept doing negative comments and reviews of Minimonsta.
Seriously? How did that come to light?

/C
He got caught.
Then my respect for him as a person and developer is down the drain.

Sometimes I truly hate this time we're living in. Anyone with a business interest can pretend to be "a disappointed user" and spread rubbish about the competition. Nothing new of course, but with the anonymity of the internet it's easier than ever. How utterly sad.

OT. Srry.

/C
Last edited by DrGonzo on Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

He did that as an employee though, not on his own. Sometimes you dont act like you want when you're an employee :shrug:
http://www.lelotusbleu.fr Synth Presets

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Add to that that his boss at the time apologizes for that iirc.

77 Exclusive Soundbanks for 23 synths, 8 Sound Designers, Hours of audio Demos. The Sound you miss might be there

Examigan wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
4damind wrote:Maybe they had some internal problems to finish products after Xavier Oudin left Arturia? He was with my knowledge the main developer for most of the older emulations and left Arturia 2005 to co-found Eiosis (together with Fabrice Gabriel) and later started with Xils (2008). It would not surprise me if Arturia hired him again to finish some products.
Thank for the info, I didn't know that, it seems like an explanation of it yes.
Interesting, I didn't know Xavier was with Arturia. I wonder which synths he had worked on with them back then?
CS-80 is certainly one where Xavier Oudin had his hands on, but he wasn't the lead devoper of the programming team. If you are interested knowing who all in the coding/sound design, check the intros of the product manuals.

Lotuzia wrote:He did that as an employee though, not on his own. Sometimes you dont act like you want when you're an employee :shrug:
I understand what you are saying, but you are always personally responsible for the actions you take. At least morally. If I am working at a place and they deliberately are fooling and misleading people, I would leave. But that's me.

/C
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

This have had to be in the early days of the KVR forum, around 2005-06.

Maybe playing the sock puppet game was seen as more humours then ("can you figure out who I am yet"), rather than pure trolling?

Lotuzia wrote:He did that as an employee though, not on his own.
Arturia say the exact opposite; I already provided that link.
Sometimes you dont act like you want when you're an employee :shrug:
Yes its always someone else's fault. Because noone would ever happily pretend that they're not actually involved with a company whose products they are actively promoting.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Numanoid wrote:Maybe playing the sock puppet game was seen as more humours then ("can you figure out who I am yet"), rather than pure trolling?
Only when it was actually humorous. Deliberately badly reviewing a competitor's product under a sockpuppet account did not fall under anyone's definition of 'humorous'.

DrGonzo wrote:
Lotuzia wrote:He did that as an employee though, not on his own. Sometimes you dont act like you want when you're an employee :shrug:
I understand what you are saying, but you are always personally responsible for the actions you take. At least morally. If I am working at a place and they deliberately are fooling and misleading people, I would leave. But that's me.

/C
Yes. Probably depends on the number of kids and loans for the house you have at that moment. Also depends on how you appreciate the impact of such an action on an *internet forum*, especially more than 10 years ago, VS *everything else in a work*. But tbh I just dont know what I would have done in this situation, so I wish I could say like you 'I would leave', but I'm not sure. Well, to each his own.

I don't know what he or Arturia could think at the time.

Deliberatly hitting a competitor with bad reviews, under false personas :o

Makes me think they didn't believe in their own product, Mini V

If you believe in your own product, you know that:

You don't fight darkness with light, you make the light shine brigther

Numanoid wrote:

Dont know either but it was certainly a bad idea. Anyway, they learned their lesson and it was in an age where internet forums were not taken so seriously. He's a nice guy, and a genius coder. And more than this, he's passionate about his work. All that matters to me nowadays. Sorry for the rancid haters who think a man can't change and learn from errors. :shrug:

Numanoid wrote:

TBH, the whole thing with the Minimoog was bad faith anyway. When GForce started working on MiniMonsta, they actively checked with their 'competition' that noone was producing a directly competing product. Basically, being gentlemen about it to avoid stepping on toes, I believe.
Arturia specifically denied working on any such thing, then brought theirs to market first. That made the sockpuppetry that followed when GeForce's product was released slightly more poignant, for all the wrong reasons.
Anyway, its unlikely Xavier still does that sort of thing. Anyone want to and vaguely sensible would have hired someone else do their shilling and astroturfing.
Last edited by whyterabbyt on Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lotuzia wrote: Yes. Probably depends on the number of kids and loans for the house you have at that moment. Also depends on how you appreciate the impact of such an action on an *internet forum*, especially more than 10 years ago, VS *everything else in a work*. But tbh I just dont know what I would have done in this situation, so I wish I could say like you 'I would leave', but I'm not sure. Well, to each his own.
Why would spreading lies be less bad because you do it on an *internet forum*?
No, I really don't understand the logic here. The developers behind the competing product probably have loans, kids, wifes, cars and dogs to feed, no? Why wouldn't they count?

You compete with your products by making them awesome or selling them extremely cheap. Not by spreading lies about the competition. And as for this being something that happened more than ten years ago, I just heard about it.

Let me ask you this, between us being two sound designers who probably have worked on the same projects. Are you using a fake account to sabotage the reputation of other sound designers? And if not, why not?

/C

Lotuzia wrote: Dont know either but it was certainly a bad idea. Anyway, they learned their lesson and it was in an age where internet forums were not taken so seriously. He's a nice guy, and a genius coder. And more than this, he's passionate about his work. All that matters to me nowadays. Sorry for the rancid haters who think a man can't change and learn from errors. :shrug:
Remember kids: sockpuppeting is just harmless fun and games. Putting a little bit of triangle wave into a patch to emulate a different synth? Now that's serious business. Serious. Business.

whyterabbyt wrote: Anyway, its unlikely Xavier still does that sort of thing. Anyone want to and vaguely sensible would have hired someone else do their shilling and astroturfing.
:lol:

Return to “Instruments”