Tantra v1.1 released, sales

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tantra

[quote="sches"]Yeah, it sounds real nice, it's on the todo list already, let me think on it, thanks![/quote]

Thank you.

Hi Sches,

Are you still developing Tantra, or have you decided to leave it as is?

Hi, yes, in few months I'll release an update for it. Most of work now goes on an other road, but Tantra will get few big and small updates.

Tantra reviewed in Beat Magazine issue 116 (08-2015)

They like it a lot, give it 5,5 out of 6 :)

Hello! I have some news about Tantra. First, let me say thank you all for suggestions and feedback! I just have released an update version 1.1 which includes features mentioned in this thread and private emails. In order to download the update check please the website or download it by the following links :

For Windows: http://dmitrysches.com/files/TantraSetupWin_v110.zip
For Mac: http://dmitrysches.com/files/TantraSetupMac_v110.zip

First of all, the update brings Undo/Redo feature, everything can be "undoed", including preset changes. As well now Tantra features randomizer for modulators and effects:

There are circle buttons below modulators now:

The buttons change color if modulations or tremolo is assigned. You could click'n'drag the circle in order to assign modulation on the fly.

If you right-click the circle button, it will show a popup menu for quick modulation adjusting for desired modulator:

Finally, Phaser effect has been added (It's combined with Flanger, there is a "PHS" knob to activate Phaser mode). Reverb and Delay have now "IN" controls, that's useful to "cut" the effect's sound without muting decaying echoes. Several minor fixes to improve stability are made as well. Just in the case here you could check the changelog:

http://www.dmitrysches.com/changelog-tantra

I hope you will have fun with the update! Please don't worry if your suggestion was not implemented in this update, more will come later, all suggestions I keep in my todo.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another news is that I released a Factory Expansion soundset for Tantra, it contains 64 rhythmic presets. You could check audio demo and other information here:

http://www.dmitrysches.com/tantra-factory-expansion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, we start September sale since today. It will end on October 15th. During the sale you could get Tantra for $49, Diversion for $89 and Factory Expansion for $12 USD, excl. VAT.

Thanks for your interest and support!

Wonderful !
Thank you, Dmitry !

thanks for this excellent update and the very tempting Price Point! what a about the CPU usage, could there be some improvement expected?

thanks in advance!

wolf

Nice updates :tu:

Fantastic!! This is great news. Thank Dmitri, keep up the great work.

Thanks guys! Only little adjustments were made for CPU usage, so there is no huge CPU improvement :(

Thanks Dmitry.

Just downloaded, haven't used yet.
Is it the ? that are the Randomizer buttons?
If so tbh, I would have preferred something else. ? is usually used for the manual/help in most plugins/daw that I have.

rsp
sound sculptist

Thanks zvenx, yes, those are randomizer buttons. I've been thinking as well on changing "?" to something else, it makes sense, I'll think a bit more on that.

Thanks.....
Also, now that I have installed...
on Cubase on the Mac, usually right clicking on the header of a plugin gives you the options for generic editor, save as default patches etc.
Alas it seems on tantra if you right click anywhere that happens. Not sure why, as a result if you right click on the new circle button you get the quick view to the matrix (yes) along with the SB's right click at the header parameters.
Maybe a screen shot will help.
thanks
rsp

edit: actually I now realise that a lot more plugins allow the same menu right clicking anywhere, but many don't..let me look at SB's plugins to see what may be the 'desired' behaviour.

A quick check of SB's plugins also show this right click anywhere to show up the same always on top, save default patch preset... so I guess this may be the desired behaviour.

rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
sound sculptist

Thanks a lot Dmitry for these random and circle modulation buttons! :)
Another vote here to change the "?" label to something else.

Interestingly enough, I always thought that control left click and right click on the Mac were equivalent.
Apparently not so. if I control left click I do get to only show the quick view matrix, vs right click which shows that an the SB window.

vs

rsp

Edit: it seems you can choose what right click brings up at different points of the GUI?
for instance when I right click over a knob:

SB menu gone.
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “Effects”