Brainworx Classic Guitar Tone Bundle

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yeah the power soak is an awesome and useful feature, only wished it was adopted more widely amoungst other amp emulations.

Couldn't resist... bought the Greenscreamer and the Yellowdrive.

Yes, they are expensive, $49 plus VAT is A LOT of money for a single stompbox emulation. But after trying several cheaper competitors (the TSE808 is great, too, and for free), I had to admit the Plugin Alliance version is the one that sounds most "natural" to me. And the SD-1 emulation is just great when combined with Thermionik Marshland 800 (JCM800).

Got a 20% discount for adding the second plugin and additional 25% for a survey so the price seemed a little bit more reasonable.

Sounds like a good investment.

Sounds very nice! So, i'll buy this bundle coming soon =)

I’ve made a quick comparison video - playing a commonly known riff - of different stompbox emulations to tighten a high gain rhythm guitar sound, especially palm mutes.

https://youtu.be/FrRtK8z5eDM

1. without stompbox emulation
2. TSE Audio 808
3. Plugin Alliance bx_greenscreamer
4. Plugin Alliance bx_yellowdrive
into:
=> Kazrog LLC Thermionik Duality 2ch
=> Ignite Amps NadIR with 3 Sigma Audio „UK Custom“ impulse
=> Waves C4 (just a little bit low-mid compression)

Thermionik’s settings are the same for all 4 clips. The gain is set too high for the first 3 options (without stompbox, TSE 808 and bx_greenscreamer), however it seems just right for the bx_yellowdrive as it tightens the sound MUCH more.

Return to “Effects”