Complete Reskin: DUNE Black & DUNE White

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

aMUSEd wrote:
Teksonik wrote:These are for Dune CM/BE since there is no tab for the Effects.
Yes there is, I have them working fine for the full Dune 1 (looks like the images in the OP were made using BE or CM but if you have the full version there is an fx tab).
Thats right. The screenshots were made using BE (because thats what i have) but i have included the images needed for the full version as well. I mention that in Info.txt as well.
aMUSEd wrote:Don't see the point of the fake on/off buttons in the fx though as it's the LED that actually turns them on/off, the graphic buttons do nothing and are just there for show.
They are not buttons, just labels to denote that the LEDs are to switch power on/off.

The reason why i used glyphs there rather than text was because there was no room for textual POWER labels.

OK I don't think it needs either - the LEDs are self evident

aMUSEd wrote:
Teksonik wrote:These are for Dune CM/BE since there is no tab for the Effects.
Yes there is
Not in the screenshots......and earlier versions were for CM/BE only...... :shrug:

Anyway since I own DUNE 2 I rarely ever use DUNE 1 anymore so will hold out hope for a D2 version of these skins......(hoping ENV1 becomes a D2 owner some day)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Thanks for another nice skin ENV1, well done :) My favorite is still your limiter no 6 skin because even though the Soviet style military skin looked cool on Molot it didn’t really work so well for Limiter no 6!

those look amazing, thank you!

Unfortunetly doesnt work here for some reason, i did everything by instructions, but gui doesnt appear at all :( Im using 64 bit Dune 1 1.4 on FL Studio 12 64bit

themachinelt wrote:those look amazing, thank you!

Unfortunetly doesnt work here for some reason, i did everything by instructions, but gui doesnt appear at all :( Im using 64 bit Dune 1 1.4 on FL Studio 12 64bit
Sorry to hear it didnt work for you.

Troubleshooting is a bit difficult without knowing more, but i can tell you that so far there was only one time that the install process didnt work for someone and that was because i failed to mention that (using Explorer Suite) BMPs have to be replaced via 'Replace Bitmap' rather than 'Replace Resource (Raw)', which is only for the PNGs. However, i quickly fixed that after i was made aware of it and the info in this Info.txt definitely has an extra passage (Swapping Note) pointing out the importance of this mode business.

So to be honest im not quite sure what to tell you. The only things i can really think of is that you might have either accidentally used the wrong replacement mode for one or both image types, or that the problem is because you are using a 64bit DLL, which i had no way of checking for proper function since neither BE nor the full version Demo include a 64bit DLL.

I guess the upshot is that i need more info to be able to say something definitive. Like a step-by-step of what exactly you did in what order, was there a problem with the UI before, does the same problem exist in another host, things of that sort.

Once we find the error we will find the solution.

Thanks, awesome Skin. I like both and they do work with Dune (Full Edition), great job :)

look good but i don't like much the knobs
Analog electronic drum samples (Free demo pack)
http://www.syntheticwav.com

ENV1 wrote:
themachinelt wrote:those look amazing, thank you!

Sorry to hear it didnt work for you.

Troubleshooting is a bit difficult without knowing more, but i can tell you that so far there was only one time that the install process didnt work for someone and that was because i failed to mention that (using Explorer Suite) BMPs have to be replaced via 'Replace Bitmap' rather than 'Replace Resource (Raw)', which is only for the PNGs. However, i quickly fixed that after i was made aware of it and the info in this Info.txt definitely has an extra passage (Swapping Note) pointing out the importance of this mode business.

So to be honest im not quite sure what to tell you. The only things i can really think of is that you might have either accidentally used the wrong replacement mode for one or both image types, or that the problem is because you are using a 64bit DLL, which i had no way of checking for proper function since neither BE nor the full version Demo include a 64bit DLL.

I guess the upshot is that i need more info to be able to say something definitive. Like a step-by-step of what exactly you did in what order, was there a problem with the UI before, does the same problem exist in another host, things of that sort.

Once we find the error we will find the solution.
Thanks!

I didnt do replace bitmaps, i did replace recource, that was my problem! :)

The skins are really great, but i think that the display panel should be clear as default, that porous background makes eyes to really "work" when looking in mod matrix :) But in general i think Black version is really much more clear (except display panel) then original, and looks better.

Glad you got it working.

As for the display, i have prepared replacement images without the grid. Unfortunately i cant give them to you now because the forum complains that the attachment is too big for this thread and the KVR Downloads section complains that i have uploaded something for DUNE 23:40 hours ago, and that i have to wait 24:00 hours until i can upload something else there. :neutral:

Not to worry though, i will try again later...

ENV1 wrote:Glad you got it working.

As for the display, i have prepared replacement images without the grid. Unfortunately i cant give them to you now because the forum complains that the attachment is too big for this thread and the KVR Downloads section complains that i have uploaded something for DUNE 23:40 hours ago, and that i have to wait 24:00 hours until i can upload something else there. :neutral:

Not to worry though, i will try again later...
good to hear! tho if there is uploading problems, imo its always good to use copy.com or dropbox :) they do give free space and you can put there some files for public share :)

All done.

Personally i find it a little too naked and empty this way, but if it helps you with your eyes, here you are. :)

Grab

Check Info.txt in archive.

I like the white one more, but they are both nice.
Good job! :)

Yeah, im torn too.

BTW, they just reminded me of something: :o
darthvader_imperialstormtroopers.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ENV1 wrote:All done.

Personally i find it a little too naked and empty this way, but if it helps you with your eyes, here you are. :)

Grab

Check Info.txt in archive.
Thank you man! Its perfect now! :)

Return to “Instruments”