Why do you make music?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I make music since my childhood and learned also an instrument... because I really liked that ;) I started with an interest to electronic music since I listened the first time to Jarre, this was for me the first music I loved. I was never a fan of rock, folk or other stuff.

I you like something there is often the idea to change the sides, from a consumer to a producer. This is also true for other stuff, not only for music. A lot people have started to produce something because they like the results they have seen from others.

Because it makes me feel myself like a Synplant in a world of Sylenths.

For fun.
My solo projects:
Hekkräiser (experimental) | MFG38 (electronic/soundtrack) | The Santtu Pesonen Project (metal/prog)

To keep me immortal. When I die, I'd like my music to still exist, passed onto my children, etc. It's proof my my existence and allows me to be part of the world I'm not longer around for.

Thinking ahead!

Simple - to scare away the monsters!
You know, the one's that are in my head.

Really, music is the only thing that works!
Digital Studio: Studio One Pro 3, and too many plugins to list
Tools: '09 Epi' Dot Studio, '10 Epi' Les Paul Studio, '97 Fender Strat, 2015 PRS SE Standard 24, Martin OMC-18E.
Toys: Peavey Solo, Crate GFX30, VOX AD30VT, Digitech RP500, Line 6 HD500X

Music has always been a big part of my life......but as it stands now it's the only thing Cancer hasn't taken from me....yet. :pray:

I guess that nobody said this yet ( but I didn't yet read the previous 4 pages of this thread, 'cause right now I'm in a hurry, but will check it later).
So, here it is:
I make music because I don't have money to buy lots of commercially available albums, as often as I used to do before when I had the money -- so nowadays if I want to listen to some new music (in my car, at home, etc) I have to roll my own first!... so, I'm like some kind of musical subsistence farmer, I have to grow my own "food" if I want to "eat"... :hihi:
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

TEKing66 wrote:Simple - to scare away the monsters!

I second that :)
Win10 Cubase Pro 9.5

Andy Gone wrote:
TEKing66 wrote:Simple - to scare away the monsters!

I second that :)
I third that.
Barry
If a billion people believe a stupid thing it is still a stupid thing

^^ I eight that.

Serious reason: because it allows me to meet new people (with my taiko drum performances), and also music allows me to relax away from the stresses of work and study (with my ambient synth music).

Like one of the reasons in the first post, I make music because it's very relaxing and stress relieving. I also want to make music something to express myself and be very emotional. But still throw in some dance elements so it's still something you could dance too and remixers and dj's could play with too. Although I stay away from this mainstream "EDM" stuff, I don't want to make my music part of the current trends, but I would love it if it starts a new trend one day. When I put together an album, I want it to be like opening a fantasy book you would love to read. If you listen to my music and it feeds the universe into your ears, then I've achieved what I wanted to share to those who want to listen.

I also have a friend who wants the big "dream" and want to be where the top musicians are at today. I support him and hope he do get there one day. Though I don't care about the money, but I do would like to make some money on the side with my music enough to pay rent bills and such. I don't care about being famous, but I'd love for my friends to enjoy the music I make. I don't care about the most out of this world, dank, hot fire mixtape of the century that everyone has to hear, but I'd like to make music that satisfying to me.

What I want and why I make music is different from a lot others, people I know doesn't understand and say I won't get anywhere. When was the last time you were ever passionate about something? You go to work, watch tv, connect with friends on social media, eat, sleep, then repeat for the next 20+ years of your life. I can't live my life like that.

I hope I explained it good, I'm not so good at explaining things. I could keep on writing why do I make music, but I don't want it to turn into a 5 page essay and bore people. :lol:

I make it because I can bitches!

Yeah, uh hun. No rappa here, but my crappy/predictable bass/guitar licks? Got doze m....f...as!

Er, well, I do it because I like it. Sometimes (though not really often) others like it too :oops:

I still believe music is one the great human accomplishments.

We hear music every where, the grocery store, the elevator, in plains, trains and automobiles.
We want to hear it all the time.

Why?

"Music hath charms to soothe a savage breast, to soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak." William Congreve

I make music to feel like a caveman.

Who gives a f**k "why"?

I just make music.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”