Illegal Release of my software: VIRUS WARNING (Maybe a SCAM)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Crisalys Cryologic WTS-1

Out of curiosity yesterday I downloaded the cracked version of my last plugin Sybilla v1.1 (where i employed a different protection for the demo) and found that the crack doesn't work 100% correctly, well done R2R, you sure are smart people.

Saverio
HoRNet Plugins

WOK wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:
BBFG# wrote:Certainly, the business that would fail without the dongle are those making them. I wouldn't be surprised to find out some day that Warez sites are actually a PACE run ploy, designed to instill fear into the developer. :wink:

Like antivirus companies, there's always the belief they create the problem as well as design the 'solution'. :hihi:
Didn't we already have a thread for ludicrous paranoid conspiracies ? And when I say 'a' thread, I mean 'f**king millions of them'
Mmmh - the same paranoia like from these strange people who said that the NSA is monitoring all our communication?
No, the same paranoia like from these strange people who said that the NSA is monitoring all our communication in order to brainwash us with RFIDs so they can feed us to the lizard people.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:No, the same paranoia like from these strange people who said that the NSA is monitoring all our communication in order to brainwash us with RFIDs so they can feed us to the lizard people.
Nobody said that "the NSA is monitoring all our communication in order to brainwash us with RFIDs so they can feed us to the lizard people."

I challenge you to find a single one who said that verbatim or made an argument that could be summarized this way. ;)

This said I don't think PACE has anything to do with distribution of warez but the idea that they could do so isn't totally absurd IMO.

Back to material of which won't cause this thread to be deposited in HPC for a moment.

I question whether piracy is slowing. What I don't question is the software industry as a whole is decreasing. Quite frankly people are less intersted in software as the paradigm has shifted in computer use and computer usage. People seem to be more interested in playing angry birds, tweeting and posting on facebook then actually using software.

On the subject of "Big Name Producer" states that he has illegal versions of software. Does that make it right for you to obtain illegal software? It shouldn't. If you are using someone else to be your moral compass then you are not the captain of your soul someone else is. You are responsible for yourself.
I'm sure some big name producers may actually be telling stories as well. To help with the bad boy persona. When one reads about say...The latest Lindsay Lohan incident. That is a cry for attention. When you read about some exploit of someone famous that may not cast them in a favorable light....that's also a cry for media attention. Famous people need attention and when they can't get it from thier work they'll choose other means. If "Has Been Famous Producer" has an interview and there is nothing of shock value to report it'll get pushed back or not printed. If on the other hand it's an attention grabber it will be thrown into the headlines.

yzcoruhT

Sad to hear that :( I bought few of his products. Really nice (SE) stuff made with care/love, for next to nothing.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Yes, indeed. I tried to contact some devs, because of this post and that was for me sad news!

I only have Nero, but some other plugins were good too. :?
yzcoruhT

You leave a great legacy Max

I shall continue to use your plugs for many years to come.

I particularly like Crisalys that I bought a couple of years ago.

eidenk wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:No, the same paranoia like from these strange people who said that the NSA is monitoring all our communication in order to brainwash us with RFIDs so they can feed us to the lizard people.
Nobody said that "the NSA is monitoring all our communication in order to brainwash us with RFIDs so they can feed us to the lizard people."

I challenge you to find a single one who said that verbatim or made an argument that could be summarized this way. ;)
Well, to say that "the NSA is monitoring ALL our communication" is equally paranoid, and out of touch with reality, as is the basic thought of being of any interest to any secret service.

But back to topic.

I think the EU VAT rules and synthedit not going 64 bit, has made it difficult for devs like WOK and MaxSynths to continue :(

Looking at specs of even run of the mill computers these days, Dell & Co ship 'em with a minimum of 16GB RAM.

Just goes to show that 32 bit plugs has had its day in many ways, in the sense that most users just want the least trouble free setup, and having to bridge 32 bit plugs aint helping.

I can only assume this thread has been necro'd for its entertainment value. :hihi:
Having worked for the government though, I can tell you it's part of their training films in gaining clearance that we are taught that all communications are 'coursed' through various government security systems direct from the satellites and mostly utilizing 'phrase recognition' software. Only certain terms and phrases are 'temporarily locked on to and monitored' for further analysis. It really isn't anything to be paranoid about. In most cases, those of us learning how they do this more often lose any paranoia we may have had to begin with. Really made me laugh at Eric Snowden's obvious naivete when he 'exposed' what many of us knew all along.
It also does have a way of showing how many of these 'security' systems to thwart piracy are just fear mongers selling a product to assuage that fear they created in the first place. It's just good business to them.

Trojans and viruses are a different matter. They are more often designed to either render your system to work for them or cause it prankster annoyances.
If only the people that wrote them had a real life...

Since I've been on KVR, one of the major things I've adopted is not clicking on any link here unless I know it's time honored trusted and from a well known developer. If in doubt, go directly to their site and download from them.

Never had any real interest in MAXSYNTHS to be honest.

BBFG# wrote:I can only assume this thread has been necro'd for its entertainment value. :hihi:
Less than two years, that's no necro :borg:

Numanoid wrote:
BBFG# wrote:I can only assume this thread has been necro'd for its entertainment value. :hihi:
Less than two years, that's no necro :borg:
Considering the topic (and off topic) - yeah - it pretty much is.

Having worked for the government though, I can tell you it's part of their training films in gaining clearance that we are taught that all communications are 'coursed' through various government security systems direct from the satellites and mostly utilizing 'phrase recognition' software. Only certain terms and phrases are 'temporarily locked on to and monitored' for further analysis. It really isn't anything to be paranoid about. In most cases, those of us learning how they do this more often lose any paranoia we may have had to begin with. Really made me laugh at Eric Snowden's obvious naivete when he 'exposed' what many of us knew all along.
It also does have a way of showing how many of these 'security' systems to thwart piracy are just fear mongers selling a product to assuage that fear they created in the first place. It's just good business to them.
The mere thought of maybe a couple of hundred employees of the NSA, if even, who are working in the security relevant positions there, spying on millions if not billions of us is quite funny... as far as i'm concerned, the hip factor of the whole surveillance thing is much, much larger than any real threat one could be facing in that regard. Not to mention the offender-victim perversion, and the sweep-under-the-carpet of reasoning why secret services need quick access to information sometimes.

Return to “Instruments”