Studio One v3.1 crashes when opening its manual (fixed)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LawrenceF wrote:
The really annoying aspect of this is you can only access the manual within the app
It's just HTML pages. You can access it directly even when the app isn't running.

IIRC, I think the crash is related to their attempts to make it contextual. i recall it crashing under a condition where (I suppose) the context it's looking for is not there or something.
Yes support told me there is a way to open it in a web browser like this:

Code: Select all

file:///Users/username/Library/Application%20Support/PreSonus%20Software/Studio%20One%203/Extensions/presonus.studioone3.en.help/help/en/Content/Introduction.htm
In this case the crash occurs when simply trying to open it via the standard help menu so there is no particular context.

Unbelievable, this is still an issue in Studio One 3.1 - does no one in the beta team RTFM!?

In fairness to the unknown beta testers on OSX I would assume (benefit of the doubt and all that) that most or none of them have seen that or they'd have reported it. Your comment seems to suggest it happens on every Mac. I don't know if that's the case or not.

Given how many Mac users are on the forum you'd think it would be all over if it was happening to everybody... unless Mac users don't read the manual.

Sounds like a bug though. Did you ask Mac users on the forum if their manual is crashing also?

Oh sure. I mean since then, with the latest update. If you're still having the issue you should bump it and ask if anyone else still is.
Last edited by LawrenceF on Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LawrenceF wrote:In fairness to the unknown beta testers on OSX I would assume (benefit of the doubt and all that) that most or none of them have seen that or they'd have reported it.
The other thing is I reported this to support back when it first appeared so even if beta testers didn't spot it themselves, Presonus already knew about it. It's a 100% reproducible bug, doesn't seem to affect it if you run in 32 bit more but I don't.

Whatever it is, it can't be universal because (afaik anyway) all of the developers and most of their tech people use Macs. Link to or attach a crash report and I'll forward it to the Project Manager. Or attach a zipped crash report to that thread and I'll bring their attention to it.

I often suggest people do that, attach the crash reports when they report their crashes. It's obviously a bug for you and some others so... let's try to make them look at it and fix it. It might be (dunno) that things that aren't being widely reported or griped about don't have high priority, if tons of people aren't complaining. No idea.

I posted in that thread asking for crash reports.

Thanks but they do know about it, that's why I don't understand why they haven't fixed it. As the thread on their forum shows it has been brought up quite a few times by others.

But anyway - here's a log, no harm in sending another:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks. I'll forward it.

As to the other thing, if they knew about it and haven't done anything (for whatever reason) the only thing to do is to bump it. If you stop bumping it or stop asking for a fix they might assume you don't have the issue anymore... no idea.

Manual works in 3.1 for me now. 10.10.5

The manual is still shit though.

Robert Randolph wrote:The manual is still shit though.
Compared to pdf, yeah, it's not an improvement imo. Looks better but works worse for me for searching and all that. There's at least two user created pdf's floating around though.

It is strange that from one Mac version to the next, something so simple can be broken.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

LawrenceF wrote:
Robert Randolph wrote:The manual is still shit though.
Compared to pdf, yeah, it's not an improvement imo. Looks better but works worse for me for searching and all that. There's at least two user created pdf's floating around though.
Even the PDF was missing a lot of information, and it had info spread around oddly.

Trying to figure out the midi editor required literally reading the entire manual because there was so much information scattered around in sections that weren't otherwise relevant.

I had a big critique of it I posted on the old S1 forum with a lot specific examples, but I can't seem to find it now.

The manual has never been great, imo, mmv, with all due and necessary respect to the people who I'm sure worked hard enough on it.

The bright side is that Studio One doesn't have a metric ton of subjectively complex to use features yet, like Cubase, and doesn't need an 800 page manual yet, so it's not all that big an issue yet imo, on balance, but yeah, I do agree in general.

This is fixed now - there is a manual update to download but even after downloading it the manual was still causing a crash but a reboot later and it is fixed so maybe it needed a reboot too?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”