Bliss sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bliss

DarkStar wrote:OK, I'll uninstall for the moment and wait for the next beta. Or is there a better way to proceed?

Is it possible to uninstall those MSVCP140 (and other?) files that the Bliss demo installer installed? if so, how?
It's easy. Use Bliss uninstall from Control Panel / Start Menu.

Then download VC2015 redistributable from Microsoft site https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... x?id=48145 download both 32 and 64 bit, run them and select uninstall.

You may then try downloading Bliss demo http://www.discodsp.com/bliss/ and re-install the distributable downloaded from MS site again.

Sorry about all these issues :( we will do our best to provide a better experience in the future.

OK, I have now uninstalled Bliss 64-bit and the 64-bit MSVCP140 file.

I also ran the vc_redist.x86.exe downloaded from the MS link - it said the uninstall was successful, but the msvcp140.dll file is still in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. When I ran it again the install failed.

Now, just to show you how difficult users can be - I had installed the 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins into different folders. The Bliss uninstall removed the 64-bit plug-in and the shortcuts menu. The 32-bit plug-in and the unins.exe and .dat are still in the 32-bit plug-ins folder. Can I just delete those three files? And is there anything-else?

At the moment I just want to get back to a fresh start. ;)
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:OK, I have now uninstalled Bliss 64-bit and the 64-bit MSVCP140 file.

I also ran the vc_redist.x86.exe downloaded from the MS link - it said the uninstall was successful, but the msvcp140.dll file is still in C:\Windows\SysWOW64. When I ran it again the install failed.

Now, just to show you how difficult users can be - I had installed the 32-bit and 64-bit plug-ins into different folders. The Bliss uninstall removed the 64-bit plug-in and the shortcuts menu. The 32-bit plug-in and the unins.exe and .dat are still in the 32-bit plug-ins folder. Can I just delete those three files? And is there anything-else?

At the moment I just want to get back to a fresh start. ;)
The msvcp140.dll may have been placed from another installation. We only run the redistributables and place .DLL and Bliss folder with the installer. Try running the unins.exe that may be from previous betas.

^^^^
Further info sent by PM.
Inspired by ...

The new beta fixed the interface lagging issue I was having earlier.

Getting better. ;)

Manual updated with theme documentation (pages 23-24) and some minor fixes.

http://www.discodsp.net/pdf/bliss.pdf

Which means a theme contest is going to happen soon ;)

EXS import with Beta 4 still seems to be very hit or miss and with no "search for samples" dialogue or error messages coming up, it's hard to determine what went wrong. Is this likely to be fine tuned?

My first theme is ready for the contest with at least 2 others in the pipeline.
Last edited by Calum on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Calum wrote: EXS import with Beta 4 still seems to be very hit or miss and with no "search for samples" dialogue or error messages coming up, it's hard to determine what went wrong. Is this likely to be fine tuned?

My first theme is ready for the contest with at least 2 others in the pipeline.
Any EXS reports, etc. please send it to bliss@discodsp.com

Good to know about your themes. I will do a new thread soon :)

Another feature I was wondering about: multiple stereo/mono outs? Is this likely?

LuxLucid wrote:Another feature I was wondering about: multiple stereo/mono outs? Is this likely?
Very very likely 8)

Theme contest is running now! :hyper:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=447947

... any news on beta 5 (for those of us behind the times)?

PS The way you've documented the theme elements in the User Guide is very clear. Well done. :clap:
Inspired by ...

Thank you! Beta 5 should arrive in mid-October.

George wrote:Thank you! Beta 5 should arrive in mid-October.
Looking forward to it :D
Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

Return to “Instruments”