Synths more than Nord's that have velocity parameter control?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm really fond of the ability in Nord Lead to be able and set a range for ADSR parameters and others individually regarding velocity. It really make sounds more expressive.

Are there other synths that have this?

The usuall stuff is ADSR time change over keyboard range, if to speed up envelopes etc.

I've seen in some soft synths a velocity thingy, but unclear how they affect paramters - and not for each part of ADSR in filter and amp.

Thanks.

All 4 envelopes of Zebra2 have this functionality as well as extra stages besides the usual ADSR:

You can read all about them in pages 47-49 of the manual:
http://www.u-he.com/downloads/manuals/Z ... guides.zip

Envelopes can be applied anywhere you see a "..." directly and there are an additional 12 modmatrix slots to assign the envelope to parameters that do not support direct modulation.

It's an immensely deep modulation system.
Feel free to call me Brian.

Really cool, thank you.

Clavia has a clever implementation, just pressing some kind of shift button and then turn any knob min and max where you want velocity to affect between.

Any hardware synths - my primary for now?

id have thought most that feature some kind of mod matrix can do it... I know the Virus can.
I think lots of patches use this, perhaps most common being to reduce the attack time based on velocity.
( I use this on so many patches, I think id be miffed if i wasn't able to do it :))

Check Discovery and Discovery Pro. Corona also has some cool VENVSPEED / F1ENVSPEED / F2ENVSPEED / MENVSPEED Modulation Matrix features.

thetechnobear wrote:id have thought most that feature some kind of mod matrix can do it... I know the Virus can.
I think lots of patches use this, perhaps most common being to reduce the attack time based on velocity.
( I use this on so many patches, I think id be miffed if i wasn't able to do it :))
In the Waldorf Blofeld velocity is available as a mod source and the envelope parameters as a mod destination.

Same is also possible with the Largo plugin which besides some differences more or less is a Blofeld emulation.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

thetechnobear wrote:id have thought most that feature some kind of mod matrix can do it... I know the Virus can.
Good thinking, set me right on target I think.

I've been reading up on KingKorg parameter manual just now - and it seems to have quite a load of source and destinations for modulation in virtual patches.

KingKorg looks like a purchase to me, so many interesting things in there. Vocoder and formant stuff, the other day looking at choirs etc.
You can run some audio in do many things. Didn't cut down to much on hardware knobs either.

Prices on those are down to about half compared to when released couple of years ago. Quite a bargain now.

My mind is set on a KingKorg and Yamaha Reface DX now.

George wrote:Check Discovery and Discovery Pro. Corona also has some cool VENVSPEED / F1ENVSPEED / F2ENVSPEED / MENVSPEED Modulation Matrix features.
Thanks for suggestion. Interesting that so much inspired by Nord Lead 2, one of my very favourites.

Will check out discovery when soft synth is targeted next time.

Ingonator wrote:
In the Waldorf Blofeld velocity is available as a mod source and the envelope parameters as a mod destination.

Same is also possible with the Largo plugin which besides some differences more or less is a Blofeld emulation.
Also looks interesting, thank you. At first I saw the module only and felt, what is this toy - but turn out to be a real featureloaded unit looking at all that is available for Waldorf line.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”