Spire seems heavy on the cpu

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,
I like this synth but it's heavy on the CPU, I think.
Is there any way to help,this or is there any update plans to help please ?

You can download the 1.1 beta from here, which is a lot easier on CPU (about 1/3 here): Windows 32-bit, Windows 64-bit and MacOS. Note the following though, as written in the notes for the beta:
Before trying this version, please read carefully notes below:
1. Don't use this version in production projects! Beta is not feature complete product.
2. Now works: Macro Modulators, Global Pitch Shift, Pitch Bend Wheel and Mod Wheel modules.
3. Currently missing or disabled: Arp, Stepper, Filter Combo/Scorpio, Osc SAW PWM Mode, Microtuning modules are in progress, they are present in GUI but not completed in DSP level.
4. Please send crash reports, found issues and suggestions to beta@reveal-sound.com

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Hey guys,

I have the same problem. I use Spire in Logic X and my Audio CPU is 100% whenever Spire is active. The actual CPU load of the computer is about 30% though.

Anyway, the problem is that most of the presets have high pitching sounds because of this and I cannot really use the plugin.

Is there any way to fix this? How can I write Reveal Sound for support?

Thanks for your help!

PS. My configuration is the following:

Mac mini (Late 2014)
Processor: 3 GHz Intel Core i7
Memory: 16 GB

It looks like it is within the recommended limits:
https://www.reveal-sound.com/knowledge.php?27-29 (https://www.reveal-sound.com/knowledge.php?27-29)

Are you guys experiencing the same issues or is it just me?

spire in logicX on yosemite was iffy...but mostly worked. in el capitan, it's worse, it's really struggling. i love this synth, but can't use it much right now...

it really beats me why on earth a person who relies on a Mac for audio production would update to El Capitan. Isn't it smarter to just wait a month till you know the DAW and all the plugins are working with it?

sqigls wrote:it really beats me why on earth a person who relies on a Mac for audio production would update to El Capitan. Isn't it smarter to just wait a month till you know the DAW and all the plugins are working with it?
all my plugins work fine (i had to fiddle with NI). and spire is a little worse than before, but works. plus i've been running the public beta since it started, so i know what i'm dealing with. all's good here. 8)

def running better on a new macbook pro...i can actually play pads that would stutter & glitch before (not the good kind of 'stuttering and glitching'). still, hope we see more cpu-optimisation...and a browser... but spire remains great synth.

Return to “Reveal Sound”