Cubase Pro 8.0.30 maintenance update now available

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

VitaminD wrote:
ZentralmassivSound wrote:Crash on exit bug and window focus issue still there on my machine (Win7 64 bit) :-( Disappointed with this update :-(
Have you disabled all plugins and tested too? I wonder if it is a plugin causing your crash on exit or Cubase itself?
It also happens when I open an empty project and close it. Rarely though, but it happens completely without plugins, too.

Aww.. it was worth a try! I'm on windows 10 64bit using Cubase Artist 8 btw.

ZentralmassivSound wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
ZentralmassivSound wrote:Crash on exit bug and window focus issue still there on my machine (Win7 64 bit) :-( Disappointed with this update :-(
I posted this in the 'Daw crashing' thread, but here it is again:
have a look at this thread, it might solve that issue (it does for many people)
http://www.steinberg.net/forums/viewtop ... 26&t=81011

[It seems the crash on exit is related to graphics HW acceleration.
Disabling it (by plugin or for Cubase8) seems to fix it]

ZentralmassivSound wrote:
VitaminD wrote:
Have you disabled all plugins and tested too? I wonder if it is a plugin causing your crash on exit or Cubase itself?
It also happens when I open an empty project and close it. Rarely though, but it happens completely without plugins, too.
Do you use Wave plugins?
Ensure you have at least the August 2015 update if you do.
rsp
sound sculptist

Just wondering if there's any eta when to upgrade to windows10 for cubase8. Did try hit minor bugs etc. Will need to clean install but dont really want to waste time until ready. Main concern is midi timing among other aspects.

Well ladies and gents Windows 10 is now officially supported!
http://www.steinberg.net/en/newsandeven ... -3379.html

Thanks for the info! I wonder what the Windows patch version is though (so we can check)?

upgraded to w10 from existing 8.1 weekend. All seems good. midi timing appears fine. In fact seems a lot better.
only issues so far reauthorising certain plugins and license reg files easily solved.
did have to launch native instruments as standalone to avoid cubase cascading crash screen.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”