Minor Bug In Audition

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you try to use a previously used plugin chain in Adobe Audition it will only process the Left channel. This appears to be the case if you previously used the chain on a mono sound and then try to use it again on a stereo sound. It also seems to only be broken on certain Melda plugins, so it is definitely a Melda problem and not an Audition problem. MDynamicsLimiter is broken, MDynamicEQ is not broken.

-Open a mono file in waveform view
-insert MDynamicsLimiter that reduces volume or something obvious on the Effects Rack
-'Apply' rack
-undo
-convert to stereo or use a stereo file
-select 'last applied rack' from the Effects Rack
-hit apply
-notice only the left channel is effected

Repeat this process with an MDynamicEQ, notice it works as expected.
Audition Bug.jpg
The effects rack and the last applied rack.

Thanks!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Actually it doesn't say it's in the plugins at all. A LOT of things is involved in there really... And I'd actually think it's in Audition :D. I'll check when possible, but to be honest I don't consider this a big problem really :).
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah, it's not a massive bug but it is a problem for me. I have to keep removing plugins and re-adding them with the same settings.

I do think it is a problem with Melda rather than Audition because some Melda plugins work and others dont. Also, I am writing this after speaking to Adobe about this and they couldn't reproduce the bug with MLimiter and I am having the problem with MDynamicsLimiter (I presume they haven't bought any Melda products).

Anyway, the guy i was talking to said he'd be happy to discuss it with you, and even mentioned getting you a prerelease version if you like. PM me for contact information if you're interested in either.

Thanks

Oh, that's interesting. As I mentioned in the thread about plugins crashing in reaper I also have this problem in Reaper. The right channel is dead sometimes. I can't tell if it has to do with copy/pasting the fx from a mono to a stereo track, but I'll check when I am back in the studio tomorrow.
What I can tell you now is, that removing and inserting a new instance solves the problem.

Are you using VST2 or VST3 ?
Win 7 x64 - i7 - 32 GB RAM - SSD / M-Audio Fasttrack C600 / Reaper

Interesting, I haven't noticed this in reaper but I haven't tried it and it wouldn't surprise me if it did it for the same reasons.

I've reproduced the bug with both vst2 and vst3.

I have never seen this in other hosts, definitely not Reaper, which I use for most testing. But there's the new VST3 support, which may be a little problematic, who knows.

vectorwarrior: Please tell your guy to let me know via info@meldaproduction.com. They also don't need the licence really, they can do this in demo mode without problems. I sadly don't have Audition here, there were problems with NFRs in there...don't remember specifics.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech,

I found the bug, at least in MStereoExpander. If it has more than 2 input channels in Reaper it goes to mono :hihi: Only in VST3. Hope you can reproduce it and check the code in all other plugins too. Version is 9.10

Greetings Uli

P.S: No problem with more than 2 channels in MMultibandDynamics, MAutoEqualizerLinearPhase, MEqualizerLinearPhase as far as I can tell

Hi Celphor,

that's actually normal - a few plugins just don't make sense with more than 2 channels. Anyway the forthcoming update will make it work even in surround (processing just the 2 channels).
Vojtech

Hi,

I agree that a stereo expander only makes sense for 2 channels. But in my case there were 4 channels availabe and only the first two connected (as usual with the pins in Reaper).
This is a common setup when you have e.g. a side chain receive on the channel (default by reaper).
The VST2 version is unaffected by this.

Return to “MeldaProduction”