Waldorf Music at NAMM 2015: Nave for PC/Mac, Waldorf Edition 2, Attack for iOS, nw1 Eurorack module

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Nave Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Sorry to drag this up, but did Waldorf ever acknowledge the crashes?

I can reproduce every time on my OSX 10.10.4 Live 9 and the latest LogicProX using this sequence:

- midi channel with Attack loaded
- simple 4/4 loop on C3 (or whatever your lowest note is seen as)
- switch OSC source to first hat sample
- all good
- switch to 4th sample (guitar)
- as soon as the midi note is triggered, CRASH

This applies to both Live and Logic, and any sample which isn't the first three in the drop-down.

Kind of getting a bit sick of it.. Attack was my fave drum synth for yonks, but this has put a spanner in the works..

Is there an official bug report?

cb

CinningBao wrote:Sorry to drag this up, but did Waldorf ever acknowledge the crashes?

I can reproduce every time on my OSX 10.10.4 Live 9 and the latest LogicProX using this sequence:

- midi channel with Attack loaded
- simple 4/4 loop on C3 (or whatever your lowest note is seen as)
- switch OSC source to first hat sample
- all good
- switch to 4th sample (guitar)
- as soon as the midi note is triggered, CRASH

This applies to both Live and Logic, and any sample which isn't the first three in the drop-down.

Kind of getting a bit sick of it.. Attack was my fave drum synth for yonks, but this has put a spanner in the works..

Is there an official bug report?

cb
Hi,

actually we are currently working on another update of Waldorf Edition 2 that fixes a few bugs. More updates should come in the future if necessary. Same about the other plugins from Waldorf.

I just checked with the latest Beta version version of Waldorf Edition 2 in Live 9.2.2 64-bit on Windows 10 64-bit. I have no problems there when playing notes and switching samples during playback (or without playback). Tried this on both Oscs with multiple different samples from the list (including Guitar).

So either this is an OSX related problem, a problem with your setup or the cause for the problem you reported was fixed with the latest updates alraedy. Anyway i do not remeber such issue with the last official version, at least on Windows. I remember that something like this was already fixed in the past so do you really use the latest official version of Waldorf Edition 2?
I'll try to ask one of the OSX testers about this. Here i only got Windows (with around 6 different hosts)

Another question:
Does the issue also happen if you change samples in one of the deault Kits (e.g. the 909 Kit) or just in your own Kits. If that is the xase a certain setting in the patch could cause the issue. In one of the first issue we solved a crash that only appeared when using the Envelope Pitch modulation in the OSCs at maximum amount (in combination with the samples).

Official bug reports could be sent to Waldorf support:
http://www.waldorf-music.info/en/support-contact

In some cases Support forwards reported bugs to me for checking while i could not help much with my own tests if it is an OSX related problem.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

I will try to reproduce this later, but currently I have only 10.9.5 and the new 10.11 beta (jumped 10.10).
Fernando (FMR)

Hi Guys - I noticed I didn't have the latest version, so downloaded, and it seems ok now.
no crashes yet..

CinningBao wrote:Hi Guys - I noticed I didn't have the latest version, so downloaded, and it seems ok now.
no crashes yet..

Hi,

good to know. I already sent an e-mail to the developer so now i could tell him it is solved... :)

BTW the next version will have a different version number (v2.1.0).
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Glad you sorted it out. I tested today in El Capital beta, and everything is working OK. No problem selecting samples in Attack
Fernando (FMR)

Hello,
Have bought attack on ios (I use an ipad 2), but the app constantly crashes and it is impossible to save a project...is there a workaround?
Thanks

Anyone about the attack problem on ipad 2 please?
Cannot ask for a refund now and the app is completely unusable...
Thanks for your help

for me Attack is always crashing now even on the latest iPad -- I'm guessing it needs an update for iOS 9 and hope they will release a fix soon

Just got my VST update from V1 to V2 Waldorf Edition. Not had a chance to play with it yet. Love Attack and D-Pole. :love:

But I really cannot understand why Waldorf have not updated Attack with more audio outputs. Only 6 stereo outputs for a plugin that can provide up to 24 instruments? It's like having a Ferrari and being told you can't go over 30mph. :dog:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

Just purchased the Waldorf Edition 2 (not happy with it btw), and I have a bunch of .nksf files installed for the presets. I'm on Windows...shouldn't these be .fxb files? Regardless, I see no way to import/convert any of these files, so I am stuck with "Factory 1-128" for now.

Never Mind - found them in the "Default Users" folder. Those .nksf files for for Native Instruments use I believe.

johnrule wrote:Just purchased the Waldorf Edition 2 (not happy with it btw), and I have a bunch of .nksf files installed for the presets. I'm on Windows...shouldn't these be .fxb files? Regardless, I see no way to import/convert any of these files, so I am stuck with "Factory 1-128" for now.

Never Mind - found them in the "Default Users" folder. Those .nksf files for for Native Instruments use I believe.
First i wnated to note that there is a newer thread for the latest NKS updates:
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=461697
The NKS files are just additional preset files but do not necessary to use the plugins without the NKS support.
This just adds more options for those that own the NI software and maybe also a related controller (e.g. a Komplete Kontrol S keyboard or a Maschine hardware controller). A license for teh Komplete Kontrol software (standalone + plugin) is included in Komplete 10 (and maybe also v9).

The nksf files are indeed fro the NI Komplete Kontrol or Maschine 2 software and the corespondng hardware controllers (while they will also work with only that software without a controller).

At Windows teh fxb files for PPG Wave 2.V and fxp files for Attack should be found at:
C:\Program Data\Waldorf

The "PPG Wave 2.V Presets" and "Attack Presets" folders also include sub folder for the Presets in a format for the VSt3, Au and AX plugins.
The "D-Pole Presets" folder includes the preset in multiple formats for VST2, VST3 and AU.

The VST3 and AAX presets should be also installed at the proper locations (which are always a default location for those plugin formats) to be used directly in e.g. Cubase and Pro Tools.

So far the Waldorf Edition 2 plugins could only load banks or presets using the browser in your host. For different plugin formats you need the different formats. The VST3 and AAX plugin could also import fxb/fxp files by drag & drop from the Windows Explorer (or something comparable at the Mac).
With the NKS files it is possible to use e.g. the Komplete Kontrol plugin to load the same NKS preset files for all plugin formats.

For using the NKS presets it could be necessary to re-scan the library in the Komplet Kontrol or Maschine 2 software if this is not done automatically at the start (this option could be set in the preferences).
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:
johnrule wrote:Just purchased the Waldorf Edition 2 (not happy with it btw)...
The NKS files are just additional preset files but do not necessary to use the plugins without the NKS support.
I have no need for these files, and the installer should have created an alias to where it installed the .fxb files. The manual simply referred to "the documentation for my host" as the only help as to where find these files. I would have preferred one zip file with all of the .fxb files so I could organize them myself.

Return to “Instruments”