How to switch between music apps quickly on iPad

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In this video of somebody using Gestrument and Animoog and Cubasis

http://www.firstpost.com/topic/product/ ... 873-3.html

the user switches back and forth between the apps by somehow swiping the current app up to reveal an app to switch to at the bottom of the iPad.
See 0.50 for example where they switch from Animoog to Gestrument or 1.57 to switch from Cubasis to Gestrument.

How are they doing that? If I swipe upwards on my iPad (IOS 9) then I get an iOS control panel thing not what they have in the video.
To switch between apps I have to double tap the home button then scroll through the carousel of running apps, what they are doing seems easier and quicker. But how is it done?

I don't have 5 posts, so the web site has prevented me posting the link ;-(

That list at the bottom is how things worked with iOS 6. iOS 7 changed to use the big icon/screen to select an app. Personally, I prefer the old way. You can access this list through double-clicking the home button. If you go into Settings you can turn on multitasking gestures. This enables four and five finger gestures. If you swipe up with five fingers, the list of currently open apps will display. If you swipe left or right with five fingers, it will switch between previous or next app. This second option may be the quickest way to switch apps. But be careful as sometimes an app may think you are trying to do something within the application itself.

Thanks, multi finger swiping between previous/next apps seems convenient.

Settings -> General -> Gestures

The problem for me is it's not so smart with apps some midi controller interfaces and switches apps or jumps home when you don't want to.
You also have to start your apps in the same order to allow swipe between apps in the same sequence you did before.
I wish there were more options to set the sensitivity, and turn turn on/off each gesture independently

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”