MPower osc's

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Why not just use one filter on all oscs, in the FX section rather than duplicating them?
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

jmg8 wrote:Why not just use one filter on all oscs, in the FX section rather than duplicating them?
Because the filter in the FX matrix will have a global cutoff instead of a polyphonic cutoff per note. Also all notes are fed through one filter compared to a unique filter per note with the dedicated filters, that sounds much clearer with chords especially when you use saturation etc.

Anyway I made a comparison, 1 saw osc octaved plus unison versus 2 saw unison osc's octaved.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/334 ... s1and2.mp3

ASIO load for a big chord is 38% for one unison vs 60% for two unisons, BUT if I turn off the filter on the second copy, I get 38% vs. 45%, so the difference from the unison isn't really that big, the filters are more expensive.

As to sound, if you listen closely you clearly hear the difference, the single octaves are much clearer pronounced in the double unison example, overtones shine clearer and fundamentals come across more strongly, while at the same time bearing more movement and life in the beatings. All in all a much better sound. (You won't probably notice the difference on your cellphone though :D )

It also struck me that I could have the two unison octaves by just using the midi harmony feature. This sounds, as expected, exactly the same, but astonishingly there is still a CPU difference, 60% midi harmony vs 75% with two MPS instances. Actually CPU should also be the same I guess, but it's not.

Anyway, if you want to run stacked oscillators through unison, midi harmony seems the way of choice. It's efficient and it sounds good. When you stack up your harmonies within one oscillator it will have less life and less rich overtones.

Cheers

Just figured out that you can stack the 1st Oscillator 3 times using the harmony tab in 'Advanced Settings'

By setting one harmony to -1 and tuning it up 80 cents and the other harmony to +1 and tuning it down 80 cents can get 3 stacked detuned unison oscillators.

Exactly!

Anyway unison in all 3 oscs won't happen, sorry. And you can always add additional MPowerSynth instances in the FX ;). It's already modular :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Hi Vojtech,
Thanks for the HUGE MPower! Is it possible to expect in the future automation of the parameter "HARMONICS" and may be more powerful of FM synthesis? With great respect and wish you prosperity! :tu: :phones:

Alexeus_Knober wrote:Hi Vojtech,
Thanks for the HUGE MPower! Is it possible to expect in the future automation of the parameter "HARMONICS" and may be more powerful of FM synthesis? With great respect and wish you prosperity! :tu: :phones:
If you mean the level of the harmonics in the osc, then you can already do that. There is a limit to the number though. I think you can only automate the first 64 or so. I also asked about more powerful FM and was told it will be in a new plugin.

Chandlerhimself wrote:
If you mean the level of the harmonics in the osc, then you can already do that. There is a limit to the number though. I think you can only automate the first 64 or so. I also asked about more powerful FM and was told it will be in a new plugin.
Thanks for answer. Need automation number of harmonics.

Sorry that cannot be done, long story + backward compatibility.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Alexeus_Knober wrote:
Chandlerhimself wrote:
Thanks for answer. Need automation number of harmonics.

There are ways to achieve a similar result.

You could automate the slope parameter (inside generator)
Or use a multiparameter and learn the level of each of the harmonics, then maybe use banks to switch each one off one by one.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

Many thanks to all for answers :tu:

Hi Vojtech, please tell us the first oscillator have real unison or is it a chorus (FX) ? And we will see Black Friday? :D :dog: Thanx!

Sure it is a real unison ! Just try a chorus in FX section, it sounds VERY different. And sure, everything will be on sale in just a few hours ;)
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”