New WAVES Plugin Black Friday Giveaway.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

DubLifeSD wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:
do_androids_dream wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:What a punch in the face with a useless thing...the worst freeware verb is better then this.
Giving me a 1997 useless thing is NOT free or something i should be grateful for.
My god, listen to these kids lmao. This reverb has been used on so many pop/rock/hip hop tracks that you hear on the radio, don't underestimate it. Sure, there may be more advanced reverbs now, but it's still plenty capable.
You are right...i acknowledge that fact...to your KID comment...i bought TrueVerb in 1999...
I have an I7 860, holy shit, was a monster in 2010 when i built it...want it for FREE now? I have an i7 5820K now :D
Reality is a Condition due to Lack of Weed!

Who needs that crappy old reverb? Not even free. Thanks! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Obviously TrueVerb has been updated since the 90's right?

I mean, everybody still love Reaktor, and that came to life at the same time

Daags wrote:I know a guy whose house was repossed, his wife needs care and they have young kids to feed. He makes music as a (well needed) hobby, using freeware, used licenses, old versions of software or simply stuff he can occasionally afford. No cracks or warez. If he needs to sell Replika to put the money towards something else, I'm not about to even comment on the issue...or laugh... certainly so long as there's no ethical or legal issue in reselling it.

Not everyone is as hard up of course, but the fact remains if it's legal and permitted it's not really any of our damn business if someone wants or needs to sell NI Replika in the Marketplace. In the interests of fostering a legal, warez-free community, we should surely support any and all participation within the legal stratosphere. Someone selling NI Replika means someone buying it. Someone buying it means someone not cracking it.

*shrug*
+1

do_androids_dream wrote:
BasariStudios wrote:What a punch in the face with a useless thing...the worst freeware verb is better then this.
Well I guess this is how things have gotten folks. People feel punched in the face when free software doesn't come up to their standard :o
Well, I don't feel "punched in the face", even though I'm having installation problems, I don't like the new waves-central very much. it didn't ask me where to put plugins. But, it's not really "free", is it? I mean it's almost free, but it's a promotion and they're doing it to get your attention, which you have to give in order to get the plugin. I think that they would be better off giving away a one-knob plugin rather than something that's outdated. I think that it's reasonable to say "it's not a very good reverb", but, will then people who are new to waves say "well, I won't bother then." If so, is that the outcome Waves wants? I doubt it.

The point that I'm making here is that this is an exchange with value expected from both sides, not much, but there is an expectation of value. Waves expects to get new customers and a channel through which they can contact that customer and the new customer expects to get a plugin, albeit of limited value, but one that has some value today.

Numanoid wrote:Obviously TrueVerb has been updated since the 90's right?

I don't think so. Seems that Waves only keeps the old plugins working, but don't add nothing new to them, but focus on the new plugin of the week.

Reaktor has constantly evolved, it's a different case.

waltercruz wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Obviously TrueVerb has been updated since the 90's right?

I don't think so. Seems that Waves only keeps the old plugins working, but don't add nothing new to them, but focus on the new plugin of the week.

Reaktor has constantly evolved, it's a different case.
Yep, the fact that a 1997 virtual reverb has VST3 support is amazing and very useful... Some of us like to use "vintage plugins" :ud: :)

I don't really understand so much negativity here. It's a perfectly fine reverb - used on countless records - and, it certainly is better than most free reverbs. My favourite free comparable reverb is Martin Eastwoods Mverb - a quick test against it and the Waves is definitely better for me - far more tweakable and less obvious undulating delays in the tail. You don't always want dense, luscious reverbs in every send slot - this reverb is great for separating things in a mix in an unobvious way.
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I think to say "it's not a very good reverb" is understated. It simply sound terrible doesn't matter on what you'll try it. Waves should delete it from their portfolio instead.. ..WUP WUP and away! :lol:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

You might be a true KVR member if you whine like an entitled little brat about a free plugin that nobody is forcing you to download.

Oh, did I post this in the wrong thread? Sorry. :P
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | Integra-7

cryophonik wrote:You might be a true KVR member if you whine like an entitled little brat about a free plugin that nobody is forcing you to download.

Oh, did I post this in the wrong thread? Sorry. :P
Whine? I only see you whining about a different opinion. See, everything is relative. :hihi:

If you want to play morals enforcer you better not join a public board. :)

murnau wrote:I think to say "it's not a very good reverb" is understated. It simply sound terrible doesn't matter on what you'll try it.
Like in 8Bit type of sound? I like that

Numanoid wrote:
murnau wrote:I think to say "it's not a very good reverb" is understated. It simply sound terrible doesn't matter on what you'll try it.
Like in 8Bit type of sound? I like that
Of course not. I'm with Basari and Theo on this (it's nearly unusable by today standards) but if someone is happy about this giveaway i'm happy too! You can also think that i'm simply to stupid to find any use for it. No problem for me. :)

Just thought that I'd add that the installation problem was my own. I forget that you have to rescan the wavesshell plugin because it doesn't actually change.

I don't know, it seems usable enough to me when I'm feeling lazy. But then, I don't really have any awesome algorithmic reverbs. I pretty much rely on NI's convolution reverb for most things. I use a lot of SpaceMaster 2 for effect. I suspect that if I start A/Bing it with other things I might like it less.

I'm curious though, let's take just one example patch. In the freebie, there is a patch called NY Plate that sounds like something that I'd use. It sounded ok on some snare samples. Please tell me the free reverb that sounds dramatically better than this? This isn't a challenge so much as s legitimate question. I'm not really all that familiar with the free reverb space (no pun intended), what's out there that I should know about?

I don't think that it make any difference to me if something is free or not. I use Uhbik for very small space and Valhalla for everything. I had the TrueVerb a few years ago bought for small money within a bundle and never liked it. Also every DAW comes with stock reverbs which also pass this reverb easily.

If you like it then thats of course great to have it free now.

PS. For great free reverbs check this http://blog.wavosaur.com/the-5-best-free-vst-reverb/

Return to “Effects”